PDA

View Full Version : weird problem, PSP's deleting roms

Armitage
January 15th, 2006, 10:42
Hello, it's my first posting here since I'm new to the PSP community.

I have a weird problem with my PSP (1.50):

Whenever I try to pack DGEN 1.20 and some roms (Sonic1-3) on my flashcard via USB only the DGEN remains on the memcard after stopping USB-Connection. It doesn't matter where I put the roms, they are just deleted from the memcard. I tried putting them in different folders or having them unzipped but nothing worked so far.

The weird thing is that SNES9X worked fine with my zipped files, nothing deleted and everything playable...

Maybe someone can help me :/

Thx

michael jackson
January 15th, 2006, 11:55
you mean memory stick right? are you talking about .zip files? if dgen works with them.. (i dunno i dont play much anymore) but if so are you zipping them TO the card? or zipping them then dragging and dropping

if your sending them to the card with the actual zipfile program on your pc id say you need to just drag and drop

psp's usb basicly makes psp a removable drive sometimes i end up storing important copied files on my hdd simply because i dont trust my pc, or my friends for that matter -.-

either way if your using winrar or w/e zip them on your desktop then move to the drive your pc is using for the psp

otherwise i dunno

Armitage
January 15th, 2006, 13:12
it doesn't matter if I drag and drop them or zip them directly to the memcard, either way they are deleted the moment I disconnect my psp from usb connection...

they even disappear when I just send them unzipped to the memcard...

Armitage
January 16th, 2006, 22:24
no one with an idea around?

JACKBURTON
January 27th, 2006, 14:51
Has your pc got 2.0 usbs if so you got to have a 2.0 cable as the psp will say its copied the files but actually hasnt. I had the same trouble until i got a new usb cable.

michael jackson
January 27th, 2006, 14:57
i use my pc's memory card reader, its faster safer and allows me to sort my files

i have the hdd now and if you do too, i can say you need to defrag every so often or your psp wont copy because it thinks its full

that might be your problem