PDA

View Full Version : psp2k battery advice

crezis
November 20th, 2008, 18:26
Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a PSP 2000 which on battery, lasts around 4h more or less. I've spent quite some time looking to buy an extra battery as I have some upcoming trips which are going to be quite long (20h+ travel time) however, I couldn't find anything reliable and that's why I'm hoping to get some advices from this forum.

The PSP Extended Battery Pack looks promising but I couldn't find it online or in any shops (probably because it was put off the market). One can buy the 1200mAh battery but at 40$ that's ... well, way too expensive for what you get (imo).

I've looked at 3rd party batteries, read the forums and reviews and it doesn't look good. I found items like this one (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16689) which promise a lot of power but end up delivering 10x less, in many cases even less then a standard PSP battery.
I own plenty of AA/AAA rechargeable but I haven't seen many solutions around them plus I read on the forums that the voltage/current variations might hurt the PSP.

Anyway long story short, I'd really appreciate any advices in getting some extra juice for my PSP. I'm realistic so having 2200mAh for 30-40$ would be swell.

Thanks a lot!

mike_jmg
November 20th, 2008, 19:26
As I think the extended battery pack is no longer available, maybe you could try puting one together yourself

buying the batery cover (http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Door-Extended-Sony-PSP-Black/dp/B0016KG4SK/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227209005&sr=8-32) and the stamina battery from sony

Wally
November 20th, 2008, 20:20
Funny how we can't buy genuine PSP Slim Batteries off the shelf.

Wally

crezis
November 20th, 2008, 20:44
As I think the extended battery pack is no longer available, maybe you could try puting one together yourself

buying the batery cover (http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Door-Extended-Sony-PSP-Black/dp/B0016KG4SK/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227209005&sr=8-32) and the stamina battery from sony

Hi Mike,
I can't seem to find the stamina battery either. That was originally aimed at the PSP 1k and I suspect the extended pack was just rebranding.
Anyway, have you seen the stamina battery anywhere? I know there are some offers online but all of them that had reviews, turned out to be fakes and I suspect most of the others(if not all) are as well. But I might be wrong.

Thanks again!

crezis
November 20th, 2008, 20:48
Funny how we can't buy genuine PSP Slim Batteries off the shelf.

Wally

Indeed! I find it ironic that I can't buy a decent battery from Sony even though I've searched several hours for it. I even looked at buying second hand batteries but it turns out most of them are fakes after all...

mike_jmg
November 23rd, 2008, 17:47
This is really weird, I don't seem to find it either, the only ones I found are the cheap ones, therefore fake ones

I'll try searching some more, I might need to replace my battery some day as well