PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question, please answer

BPM9
January 16th, 2006, 00:53
Hey I am new to this PSP homebrew thing and was wondering if I have a version 2.01. I am getting a PSP as a present and cannot open it yet. The back of the box has a letter G, which I read somewhere else is a version 2.01, which means I cannot use homebrewed emulators. If I am wrong please correct me, thanks. Does the letter G mean it's 2.01?? Also if it is a 2.01, I would like to return it, what should I do?? go to my local EBGames and ask for a different firmware?? :confused: or will they just look at me weird. Please help me out, thanks.

xuphorz
January 16th, 2006, 01:36
it's 2.01, yes, go to ebgames, and say you want to buy a used one
tell them you want to try it before you buy it, then when there not looking, push home, and look at the firmware

BPM9
January 16th, 2006, 02:07
That is a good idea, but what if I don't want a used one. Do you think the workers would know what I am talking about? or will they have no clue. Also, what letters have version 2.0 on it? and are there any stores that anyone knows of which allows you to pick up the actual PSP box. Thanks again

elio327
January 21st, 2006, 16:20
That is a good idea, but what if I don't want a used one. Do you think the workers would know what I am talking about? or will they have no clue. Also, what letters have version 2.0 on it? and are there any stores that anyone knows of which allows you to pick up the actual PSP box. Thanks again

in order to play Homebrew games it needs to have the letter "A" or no letter at all. simple as that :)

MGFox
January 21st, 2006, 17:31
GBA Question moved to its own thread called "GBA Problem"

Cheers,
Fox

yaustar
January 22nd, 2006, 04:56
Given that the PSP was pretty close to selling out at Xmas, the chances of finding a 2.00 new is next to nil.

.:PSP1.0:.
January 22nd, 2006, 08:24
in order to play Homebrew games it needs to have the letter "A" or no letter at all. simple as that :)

Ummm.. Yeah... your incorrect mate.. if you are looking for v2.0 best to look on ebay i just picked up a 2.0 today off ebay.. oh and on the topic of the letters v2.0 = letter " f " hope that helps man.. ;)