PDA

View Full Version : 5.00 M33 PS1 Games don't work

Broadus
November 21st, 2008, 08:31
On both my PSPs (fat and slim), I have 5.00 M33 firmware installed. Awesome firmware that it is, I can't boot Resident Evil 3 anymore (it's a PS1 game), but I used to before the update. When I try to boot it up, it says
The game could not be started.
(FFFFFFFF)
Is this a common problem or am I missing something? I have no plugins running.
I gotta beat Nemesis, man! He's taunting me with his one-word vocabulary.

bacalacadaca
November 21st, 2008, 19:26
well even if u got it working nemesis has common problems on freezing up if you dont do things a certain way

like for me it froze on me right after u revive jill and cant pass it

-Xandu-
November 21st, 2008, 19:42
Works for me. Make sure you have installed the latest POPSTATION plugin.

Broadus
November 22nd, 2008, 19:28
well even if u got it working nemesis has common problems on freezing up if you dont do things a certain way

like for me it froze on me right after u revive jill and cant pass it

Um... I think that's kind of irrelevant since it the problem is that the PS1 game won't boot at all, and it used to work just fine before anyway.

I will try to get the latest Popstation plugin, Xandu.

bacalacadaca
November 23rd, 2008, 20:11
I'm was having a problem too i couldnt load up ps1 games

but then i reinstalled pops using this pack it contains everything for 5.00

http://rapidshare.com/files/158171577/POPsLoader.5.00.rar

and i guess the ps1 games have to be in the Game folder not 5XX folder

and also i set the pops to 3.52 and now i can finally progress on resident evil nemesis pretty cool

Tesseract
November 28th, 2008, 07:02
I'm having a bit of a problem with POPS myself, and it has nothing to do with POPSLoader.

When I try to boot up a PSX game, the POPS logo comes up, but then the screen just blanks out and in some cases, the PSP shuts down.

I tried using POPSLoader to use an older POPS version, but none seemed to work. I tried the popcorn.prx, but that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

So I figured I'd reinstall the firmware from the ground up. I used a recovery program to back up to 3.71M33. Lo, my PSX games functioned as they should! But when I bumped myself back up to 5.00, they went right back into the crapper again.

After I returned to 5.00, I tried using the PSARDumper to grab the 5.01 pops and popsman prx's and inserting those. No luck.

I know I was able to play these games (Gran Turismo 2 Simulation Disc and Devil Dice) on 4.01 and earlier without a hitch... Is there some simple step that I may have missed or something else I could try? (Currently at CFW 5.00 M33-3 on a PSP Phat)

Broadus
November 29th, 2008, 02:07
I'm was having a problem too i couldnt load up ps1 games

but then i reinstalled pops using this pack it contains everything for 5.00

http://rapidshare.com/files/158171577/POPsLoader.5.00.rar

and i guess the ps1 games have to be in the Game folder not 5XX folder

and also i set the pops to 3.52 and now i can finally progress on resident evil nemesis pretty cool

Hey, I've been trying this. Which PRXs did you load?

Tesseract
December 1st, 2008, 00:21
Dunno what the difference is between the v5.00 POPSLoader I had used before and the one linked above, but it solved my problem. I was able to play GT2 on my PSP again (Since they keep dragging their feet on a REAL GT on the PSP. ;) )

Broadus
December 1st, 2008, 01:59
How did it solve your problem??? Which PRXs did you load?

Tesseract
December 1st, 2008, 02:05
4.01 worked just fine. GT2 DID crash after a race, but I don't know if that ws a fluke or not 'cause I had just gone through the B License trials with no problem.

Something must REALLY be broken with the 5.00 POPS. I DID notice that the OFW 5.01 POPS prx is about twice the filesize as the 5.00 M33 version. Not sure if this is normal or not, but that's kinda odd.

Broadus
December 3rd, 2008, 06:39
SERIOUSLY, what PRXs are you guys SPECIFICALLY loading???

Tesseract
December 3rd, 2008, 09:03

I'm using the batch of files that were inside the POPSLoard RAR file linked to earlier in this thread. I've enabled POPSLoader.prx in Recovery, and then I hold down the R Trigger as the PSX game starts up to bring up the list of POPS versions. In my case, Selecting 4.01 worked just fine.

If you want anything more specific than that, you'll need to be more specific yourself.

bacalacadaca
December 3rd, 2008, 21:10
yeah just install the whole folder i directed you guys too and keep trying every pops version there is until u get to one that loads up the game you want

chuch
December 4th, 2008, 07:40
hey i have a question i have a psp 5.01 m33-3 the latest xx folder i had was 4.XX just wonderin since im usin the 5.01 m33-3 firmware should i make a 5.XX folder? and what goes in that folder again...thanx

bacalacadaca
December 4th, 2008, 11:25
yeah you should but to make things easier you should just save all the contents of you memory card to your computer then format the memory stick so it can set all the folders up for you

after that just place the files back in to the right folders

Broadus
December 6th, 2008, 06:53
yeah just install the whole folder i directed you guys too and keep trying every pops version there is until u get to one that loads up the game you want

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. There's a million PRXs in that folder. What's libpspvmc###? meaudio###? pafmini###? popsman###? Am I supposed to load those, or just the pops inside the popsloader folder??? Am I supposed to load the popsloader.prx, too, with that 1 next to it???

Here is the default pops.txt:

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1
If I try to load that, it just gives me the same error before (a bunch of Fs).

Now, here is my version of the pops.txt:

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/pops###.prx
If I try that, I just get a black screen and the PSP freezes.

Here is another pops.txt I tried:

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx
This gives me the error (800200E5). That's the same pops.txt as above but without the 1 next to popsloader.prx.

If I try this:

I get the black screen and it freezes again.

### represents the 3 numbers next to the PRXs. I tried a bunch of different PRXs.

So you guys said you loaded some PRXs. Which PRXs did you load??? That was my question. What does your pops.txt look like?

Tesseract
December 6th, 2008, 11:34

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. There's a million PRXs in that folder. What's libpspvmc###? meaudio###? pafmini###? popsman###? Am I supposed to load those, or just the pops inside the popsloader folder??? Am I supposed to load the popsloader.prx, too, with that 1 next to it???

So you guys said you loaded some PRXs. Which PRXs did you load??? That was my question. What does your pops.txt look like?

Ah! I understand your confusion now!

The first one was the right one. You should only have the popsloader.prx enabled. It will do the dirty work of digging through that mess of other PRX files to make sure everything's running properly under the selected POPS version.

So when you try to run your PSX game, it dumps you back out with an error 0xFFFFFFFF, yes?

EDIT: OK, found some info for ya. It has to do with the popcorn.prx in 5.00 M33 being wonky in some way. It was fixed and a new popcorn.prx was included in the latest M33-4 update (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=173869), so go ahead and grab that.

Broadus
December 7th, 2008, 02:32
You mean the pops.txt should only say:

THAT'S the pops.txt I should be using, right? Just that?

I looked around for popsloader (FFFFFFFF) problems but only found people with the problem, not the solution. I even found this topic right here with google.

Tesseract
December 7th, 2008, 02:43
Yup. That's it.

And the search that lead me to the answer above ended up being 'PSP POPS 0xFFFFFFFF error'.

Try that pops.txt you've got there and upgrading your PSP's firmware to 5.00 M33-4 and see how it goes. ^^d

Broadus
December 7th, 2008, 05:57
... Oh. I, uh... Wasn't at 5.00 M33-4, I just realized. I installed M33-4 and it worked. I didn't need to load popsloader.prx, or any other .prx, either. I just needed to update to 5.00 M33-4.
Thanks, guys! It works great now! Problem solved!

Tesseract
December 7th, 2008, 08:06
Don't feel TOO bad. M33-4 came out yesterday. :D

Glad to see this resolved!