PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... Anyone else have problems with Animal Crossing for Wii?

kiariki
November 21st, 2008, 15:38
For reference, my console's on 3.4u (now, then was on 3.3u), has The Homebrew Channel on, unmodded.

Yesterday night, I was trying to play AC City Folk with a friend via WiFi but neither of us could connect to each other. at first I thought it may have been her connection (mine should have been fast enough).

Later I started suspecting the HBCl... Maybe the game is not letting me connect to her game because I have the Homebrew Channel installed?

Another thing I'm worried about is that when I first put Animal Crossing in, it tried updating my Wii (which I let it, not having read what the new firmware was rumored to do) and it encountered an error just a sliver before finishing the update. It told me to turn the Wii off and remove the disc. After that, AC worked fine and appeared on the menu so I assumed it had updated anyways... So I didn't worry about it, I thought I was running ver 3.4.

Has this problem been encountered by anyone else here?

Edit: Now I'm on 3.4u (and I still have a running HBC). If my friend gets on, I'll ask her to try WiFi again with me.

Edit: Ah, it worked! Hopefully, Nintendo won't screw my homebrew channel over... :<