PDA

View Full Version : Sega Master System Emu - Compatility with Fanjita?

Fyuusii
January 16th, 2006, 07:22
Hey there, everyone, nice to meet you. My name is Fyuusii. After a long period of scorn and a skeptical attitude towards the platform, I finally caved and purchased a PSP just last week, eager to break into the homebrew community.

Now, one of the first things I wanted to do was obtain or source a Sega Master System emulator for the system so I can enjoy my cartridges with a clearer picture and on a handheld level (only the ones I own, I'm usually very anti-piracy so I follow my own code of morality), but I've experienced a good deal of trouble getting any to work.

I tried both PSP SMS+ and Yoshi's emulator, one crashes on boot and the other does the same when I "accept" to start the program. I'm using Fanjita's v0.9 EBOOT loader on v2.0 firmware.

I've done a lot of digging around here for information on what to do or other options to try but I can't see much (so yes, I have used the search button) other than downgrading to v1.5, which I don't really wanna do. Are there any people out there who have gotten these emulators to work under these circumstances or know of any more I can try?

Leonine
January 16th, 2006, 19:22
How many times have you tried loading up SMS +? Occassionally, with the eboot loader, emulators and roms just will not load. You have to do a hard reset on your system (holding the power button for 10 seconds) and then try again. Or, perhaps you just got a bad dump of SMS +, but that emulator works flawlessly for me, and my specs are the same as yours.

Fyuusii
January 18th, 2006, 10:32
Basically, when I try use Sei PSP to load it on, I always get an 'Invalid PBP File' error, so I have to convert the file, but when I load the converted file it just dies and reboots Fanjita.

Any ideas? Maybe you could hotlink me your PBP, pretty-please? :)

Fyuusii
January 21st, 2006, 11:15
Bump?

Leonine
January 21st, 2006, 20:06
Well, when using firmware 2.0 and eboot loader 0.9, you aren't supposed to use Sei's tool. Just take the eboot (un-kxploited or sei'd) and stick it in an SMS folder in GAME:

PSP/GAME/SMS

put the eboot and your games in there, and you should be able to pick it off of the loader