PDA

View Full Version : Can a DC emu be ported to Xbox?

avakin
January 16th, 2006, 15:04
I want to play my DC games on a console, as I don't have a DC, but there are no emulators out there that are ported to the Xbox. Is this because they are almost the same generation of systems, just like the PS2? I really wanted to play Skies of Arcadia and Dragonriders: Chronicles of Pern.

Max
January 16th, 2006, 16:17
No, there isn't a Dreamcast emulator out for Xbox, just because it would be too weak to emulate the whole system.

May I ask you the silly question why you buy games for a system you don't own? :)

ron
January 17th, 2006, 07:51
Max I'm sorry but old Chanka team have already ported Chankast to XBOX, running the emulator at 15 FPS w/o sound.

That project has been abandoned and probably will never be released due to the legal issues and because the authors are not interested anymore in that development.

Anyway, having a DC and a PC there's not need to have a XBOX.
Cheers

quzar
January 17th, 2006, 10:29
Since there is no proof then that is all that can be said. Legal issues? I've never heard of such a thing...

bender
January 17th, 2006, 13:50
quzar, It was ported if I'm not wrong but the xbox version was something secundary and chankast for pc seems abandoned too, I guess they're just busy. The port from pc to xbox is almost direct, there's nothing to believe because it would be pretty easy to do it. Another thing would be if they have said they had a 100% dreamcast emulator for the xbox but there were not releases and they're not going to do anyone ;-)

quzar
January 17th, 2006, 20:11
That is what was said at the time though. That the next release was fast enough to run well on the xbox.

Max
January 17th, 2006, 22:16
Max I'm sorry but old Chanka team have already ported Chankast to XBOX, running the emulator at 15 FPS w/o sound.

Oh sorry. You're absolutly right. I forgot about this. :( When I meant the "whole system" thing I also meant something playable with more than those 10 to 15 fps. :)

Christuserloeser
January 18th, 2006, 17:45
Erm, a used DC costs like 30 bucks ;)

bender
January 19th, 2006, 09:41
Erm, a used DC costs like 30 bucks ;)
And plays GD-ROMs, much better than all those backups with probably many things ripped :-)
A dreamcast emu should be good for having the system not lost in the future though ;-)

quzar
January 20th, 2006, 00:41
I don't think I've pointed this out before, but in australia/nz they cost upwards of 150 AUD (proper abbreviation?)