PDA

View Full Version : Major problem for R4DS

loler
November 23rd, 2008, 08:03
A huge amount of the newer games for DS (Call of Duty: World at War, Bleach: Dark Souls, Skate It, etc. Metal Slug 7, Trauma Center 2, Sonic Chronicles) don't seem to work. (I said SOME, My Japanese Coach, Need for speed Undercover still work perfectly.)

This is what occurs.

-DL & Boot
-"Create .SAV?" ; Yes.
-Game Message: Cannot read save file. Turn off your DS, Reinsert the Cartridge. (Or something like that.)

What I did to troubleshoot:
-Delete .SAV, Re-save.
-Delete Game, Re-DL Game.
-Turned off DS, Reinserted both the Chip and the SD Card, retried.
-Got angry at my DS, threatening not to use it for a set duration.

My friend on the other hand, recently got an R4 (I got mine in July or so) and says that Trauma Center 2 works perfectly on his.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

jaycek
November 23rd, 2008, 11:40
A huge amount of the newer games for DS (Call of Duty: World at War, Bleach: Dark Souls, Skate It, etc. Metal Slug 7, Trauma Center 2, Sonic Chronicles) don't seem to work. (I said SOME, My Japanese Coach, Need for speed Undercover still work perfectly.)

This is what occurs.

-DL & Boot
-"Create .SAV?" ; Yes.
-Game Message: Cannot read save file. Turn off your DS, Reinsert the Cartridge. (Or something like that.)

What I did to troubleshoot:
-Delete .SAV, Re-save.
-Delete Game, Re-DL Game.
-Turned off DS, Reinserted both the Chip and the SD Card, retried.
-Got angry at my DS, threatening not to use it for a set duration.

My friend on the other hand, recently got an R4 (I got mine in July or so) and says that Trauma Center 2 works perfectly on his.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

HI THERE I GOT THIS ALOT ESPECIALLY WITH NEWER GAMES. BUT HAVING DONE SOME RESEARCH I FOUND THAT A PROGRAM CALLED "MAX CRASS METHOD (YOU GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT AS WELL)" ALLOWS YOU TO SOLVE THIS. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE I GOT IT FROM BUT IT WORKS.

BASICALLY YOU USE IT AND CHANGE A FILE (THINK ITS CALLED ARM7 OR SOMETHING AND REPLACE IT WITH ONE YOU GET.

THEN PATCH IT BACK TOGETHER AND IT WORKS.

HAS WORKED FOR EVERY GAME OUT FOR ME.

HOPE THIS HELPS

loler
November 23rd, 2008, 19:28
HI THERE I GOT THIS ALOT ESPECIALLY WITH NEWER GAMES. BUT HAVING DONE SOME RESEARCH I FOUND THAT A PROGRAM CALLED "MAX CRASS METHOD (YOU GET INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT AS WELL)" ALLOWS YOU TO SOLVE THIS. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE I GOT IT FROM BUT IT WORKS.

BASICALLY YOU USE IT AND CHANGE A FILE (THINK ITS CALLED ARM7 OR SOMETHING AND REPLACE IT WITH ONE YOU GET.

THEN PATCH IT BACK TOGETHER AND IT WORKS.

HAS WORKED FOR EVERY GAME OUT FOR ME.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Does this work for games like the ones I've shown? I saw a thread about this and the compatibility list doesn't show anything in the 2200 games area.

BlueCrab
November 23rd, 2008, 20:07
Please read the rules. Discussion of this kind of stuff is not allowed here.

TOPIC LOCKED