PDA

View Full Version : Help for someone who has not modded their PSP for 2 years

ultimateangling
November 23rd, 2008, 23:15
I have a PSP which runs at firmware / system software v1.50

Its been a couple of years since I ran any games on it but i'm off on holiday and was thinking of taking it for the flight / beach for when i'm bored.

Is v1.50 still the right version to be running it on and can I still find and run games via DeviceHook or FastLoader?

If all is still OK so could someone kindly point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find newer games?

If not any chance someone could let me know what versions I need to change to.

vader0146
November 24th, 2008, 16:55
You should upgrade to the newest firmware, 5.00 M33-3. You get way more functionality.

motormaniac
November 26th, 2008, 18:12
no clue, sorry, lol, i have been out for a few years myself

Samstag
December 1st, 2008, 02:52
I have a PSP which runs at firmware / system software v1.50

Its been a couple of years since I ran any games on it but i'm off on holiday and was thinking of taking it for the flight / beach for when i'm bored.

Is v1.50 still the right version to be running it on and can I still find and run games via DeviceHook or FastLoader?

If all is still OK so could someone kindly point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to find newer games?

If not any chance someone could let me know what versions I need to change to.

It's been about that long for me, too. I just went from 1.5 to 5.00M33-3 today. Unfortunately I didn't save the sites I found all the files, but I can tell you the process I used. It may or may not be the best method but it works.

Get a copy of the Sony updates for 1.5 and 3.52. You can find these by searching for 150.pbp and 352.pbp, as that's what they'll need to be named.
Search for m33 3.52 update and install the contents to PSP/GAME.
Put the 150.pbp and 352.pbp files in the M33 update directory (as mentioned in the readme for the update).
From the PSP, first run the kxploit patcher, then the M33 creator. This part will take a while.
When the creator is finished (5 minutes or more?) there will be a new updater available. Run this now.
Now search for M33-1234, which will update you up to 3.52M33-4. Install and run it.
Search for 5.00M33 and 500.pbp. Read the readme and install it pretty much like 3.52, but yuo won't need to run the kxploit patcher and it will go faster.
Search for 500m33_3 and run it.

One of those updates, either 5.00 or the 5.00M33-3 actually looked like an official Sony update. That's normal. Also, you now have a recovery mode that can fix problems and let you set options. To access it you need to power off fully (hold the power utton up for 5 seconds). Hold the R shoulder button when you power up.

Also be aware that your old homebrew probably won't work anymore. Apparently you can convert them or use other methods to get them going (or just download new versions) but I haven't started investigating this yet.

Edit: To run your old 1.5 homebrew (assuming you have an old "phat" PSP) you can run the 1.50 kernel updater (http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1612).