PDA

View Full Version : KallistiOS

dpmm7
November 26th, 2008, 04:01
well my first thread was somehow related to piracy idk how but i have another question does anyone know how to setup KallistiOS im really interested in this, but i dont understand how to set it up. its not an .exe so... can i use it in microsoft visual c# or c++ or how does this work??? i dont think this could possibly be related to piracy... so can any1 help me with this...

...(btw im new to this site so im just gettting familiar with everything so idk if this post is some how not allowed...)

BlueCrab
November 26th, 2008, 06:34
KallistiOS is a library for the Dreamcast (not at all piracy related at all). Unless you're planning on doing some programming for the Dreamcast, its pretty much pointless. If you are planning on programming for the Dreamcast, I'd suggest learning C pretty well before hand. Once you know your way around C, using KallistiOS should be pretty easy.

Sidenote: The reason the other topic was locked is that we do not allow discussion of "backups" here. Since changing the textures in a game for the Dreamcast requires a "backup" of the disc, it falls under that policy. Also, having a CDI of a game pretty much guarantees that you probably didn't dump it yourself (especially if you don't know how to change files in it), so it would be completely illegal...

dpmm7
November 26th, 2008, 21:36
ok i c what ur saying

dpmm7
November 28th, 2008, 04:47
so could you show me how to setup kallistiOS becuz im going to try to learn C

BlueCrab
November 28th, 2008, 23:33
Don't try to learn C with KallistiOS. Learn it in general first. Believe me, its a lot easier to do it that way, especially if you don't have a Broadband Adapter for your Dreamcast.