PDA

View Full Version : internet browser for dc

arena128
July 10th, 2004, 13:52
he exists certain upgraded internet broswer for dreamcast? because with dreamkey in certain pages henceforth....

ace
July 10th, 2004, 14:39
Thats mighty confusing...

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 08:46
hmm i am guessing you are asking for a dc that has a upgraded browser with java so you can use shockwave,hotmail etc. well there is none but planetweb 3.0 has upgraded java on it i am not sure which version allows you to use chatrooms not sure but i was told this but with shockwave and hotmail and other such things are using java sunshine which is not portable to dreamcast it might be but its very hard to work with and could take a year or longer to port on the dc

guymelef
July 12th, 2004, 10:23
this will start an arguement. planetweb support v3 java. and some v4 and even v5. but i wouldn't count on it. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. mostly doesn't

curt_grymala
July 12th, 2004, 14:31
Thats mighty confusing...

I agree ;D

guymelef
July 12th, 2004, 19:33
but no dc browser I know of will support secure connections so you can buy stuff. and mp3's and such are still a pain in the ass. and without quicktime support abd windows media support you can't go to ebaumsworld. I just use mine to download vmu saves.