PDA

View Full Version : Best DS Flash Card

ACID
November 29th, 2008, 01:05
Hi guys im done buying all this junk i have been in the past. Heres the deal i have many cards. But im looking for a card that has SDHC capability. Also that is fast like the original R4. Any body have any real sugestions and a reliable link to the site where they bought it at. Money is not an issue. So far i am leaning towards the M3 REAL. is there anything better out there.

juiceface
November 29th, 2008, 04:21
i don't think there is a 'best', but there are many that do the same thing. I use the dsone which info can be found on here http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/dsone/ and a list of dealers here http://eng.supercard.cn/dealer.htm . There are many other cards that accomplish the same thing such as the CycloDS and the newer r4. They all do the same thing. The biggest difference in some cards in that memory is built in and not in stick form.

pibs
November 29th, 2008, 07:21
The EDGE card is pretty good, I get mine for $40 and give them out for christmas to my nephews and nieces.

I have an R4 but its practically the same thing from what I have noticed.....

juntok_abot
December 11th, 2008, 07:29
i'm using scds1

Twinights
December 14th, 2008, 10:50
i think the acekard 2 is ok.
its firmware is still alive (which is more than i can say for the R4)
its got a nice interface but it's still missing some features that other cards give like slow motion, real time save, and integrated expansion cart support buuut if u dnt rly care for those features then this is a good cart to think about

vypher
December 18th, 2008, 03:53
I'm using R4.

GreyIOutcast
December 21st, 2008, 06:50
I don't think R4 is SDHC compatible. I use an EDGE card, works rather well, and it's basically a clone of CycloDS except it is a tad bit better in some areas.

EDGE does have auto DLDI, which is incredibly helpful, although in some cases it may require manual (If you use DSOrganize, you can boot stuff from there, but that requires manual DLDI. Doubt you will need it though.)

When it comes to DS ROMs, it allows you to press L+R+A+B+X+Y in order to revert back to the EDGE menu, and I'm sure homebrew games can take advantage of this, I just haven't seen many that have.

EDGE comes with moonshell installed as well, which is pretty handy.

And also, EDGE can support up to 32GB+ cards, from the information I've gotten.

I checked out a review on GBATemp. You might find it too. I would recommend the EDGE, but I'm not sure if it's the best. It's my first flash cart. All I can say is that so far, I haven't run into any problems. Just remember that most homebrew games require to be placed in the root.

NGrapeD
December 27th, 2008, 11:22
i bought an EDGE card which is pretty similar to the r4 and has SDHC compatability and is being continuously updated. I got mine from Amazon and it might vary depending on region so you might have to do a bit of looking around

Jeric
December 28th, 2008, 10:36
Since i'd rather not make a new topic that's on the same subject:

A modification on the above question, but also to ask what would be a good slot 1 and 2 solution would be, since my datel crappycart is...well...I don't like the fact tape is holding my sd card in, and I'd heard video playback in moonshell was better with other cards, that and added ram from slot 2 would help some homebrew, and would let me run dslinux without it being nearly as crash happy.

rob
December 28th, 2008, 14:46
im not sure what u mean. but i bought myself an r4 and a mini sd and put loads of home brew games on it. the link is at ebay.

rob
December 28th, 2008, 14:47
i got an r4 and a micro sd and put games on it.

Jeric
December 29th, 2008, 02:04
Buy a clue. the guys that made the R4 are shut down. Gone, out of business. Finished. Game Over.

Next suggestion, because I don't want to rely on something that won't be supported.

jangwl
January 1st, 2009, 01:53
R4 is no longer in production in Asia. Those that use the name are not real.
You can choose to buy DSTT,iTouch,M3 or others.

ChaoticanarchyX
March 11th, 2009, 00:16
CycloDS, Best support hands down!!

rommy667
March 28th, 2009, 21:18
EZ-FLASH Vi is def the best flash card at this time & its even better if you have the 3 in 1 pak :)

SolarWarrior
March 31st, 2009, 21:06
I've owned an R4 and a DSTT (http://www.NDS-Gear.com) as well as an m3 adaptes (the fake one but still works) (http://www.gizzards.co.uk)

My favourite has to still be the R4. Fastest, most reliable, easiest to set up.:thumbup:

SolarWarrior
May 1st, 2009, 22:45
I'm tempted to change my mind! I've bought an EDGE now (for another DS Lite) and a EZFlash Vi, and I like the EDGE even better than the R4! The packaging is also much sexier.

urocks
July 10th, 2009, 07:38
r4..i guess

urocks
July 10th, 2009, 07:48
r4..i guess

Megatron222
July 15th, 2009, 23:10
I have an r4 sdhc with 4g microsd you can buy from dealextreme real cheap also. I have not had any problems out of it and every single game I have tried has worked. I know it is a clone but I love it:D

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2009, 08:38
Anything with R4 in the name is still a bad idea. Yours may work fine for you, that's great, but it's still a bad idea.

Megatron222
July 17th, 2009, 16:49
Yea I am looking into getting me a M3 or supercard even though my R4 is fine I want something with updates and such.