PDA

View Full Version : GPS for PSP 5.01

apabhai
November 30th, 2008, 07:53
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum - I have been searching for an installation guide for the GPS system for the PSP - I bought mine in Canada with a 2Gb memory stick which has about 1.6Gb free and it says it has version 5.01 installed on it. I have installed PSP Maps onto it but when I try to start it up from the Memory Stick under Game, it comes up as "The Game Cannot be started - the data is corrupted" - I have tried re-installing it many times and it still does not work. I have also created a map on my PC and put it there. The guy at the shop said that I needed to create an ISO folder for it but still it does not work. I have searched the internet and this was the best guide that I have found so far but some of the files eg the .prx files I cannot find.
http://www.vampire.se/misc/PSP/flashguide/GPS/mapthiswithprxonpsp_us/index.htm

PLEASE can someone provide a very very simple guide as to how to do this for the 5.01.

Many thanks

TTownEP
November 30th, 2008, 15:36
I don't know anything about the GPS unit, but my first thought is are you running custom firmware 5.01? MapThis is homebrew, eg not approved by Sony, so your PSP needs to be hacked to run this app. You have some backtracking to do if that is the case. I usually recommend this guide for getting started. Some of the info is a little old, but it works. It explains the whole process.

http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20

unclecanada
March 12th, 2009, 04:27
Hi, there:
I am also new to here. Once I click map this! from my PSP. the screen showed ``this game cannot be started. The data is corrupted. I am running PSP fw 5.03. Any help.

Thanks.

mike_jmg
March 12th, 2009, 06:28
you're on Oficial firmware, you can't run homebrew apps

Look for pandora's battery and magic memory stick, you need to have Custom Firmware First

unclecanada
March 14th, 2009, 03:14
Thanks, Mike_jmg.
I did download instructions and softwares for making a magic memory stick and pandora's battery. I guess I need to downgrade my firmware first.

Thanks again.