PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Devboard Update and Video of PSX Emu Running on Pandora

wraggster
December 1st, 2008, 21:42
News from EvilD (http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php)

Hiya folks, I'm here for the weekly report!

We have a lot of good news here, a lot of major stuff has been solved, few issues remain, but you can be sure we'll solve them soon.

1. Craig's bank problem: ALL orders have been refunded now and cen be reordered. After that has happened, the bank stuff should be finished. Thank god!

2. Most devboards have been sent out to some nice devs. The secret discussion area is bustling with activity since a few days, as we're all working together to create a very nice firmware for you. One important dev is still waiting for his board (which is on the way already): The maintainer of the Pandora Angström distribution. Once he got it, it shouldn't be too long until the first NAND Images for the Pandora appear and we can show videos of the ongoing progess of developing the firmware.
skeezix made some nice unpacking pictures of his devboard on his site here.

zodttd got an MK2 board and did a quick recompile of PSX4ALL (including sound!). No hardware acceleration used yet (no 3D and not even 2D), so expect major speed increases once we finished coding the libraries.

A video running FF7 can be seen here (and YES, it HAS sound, it's just very very quiet as Zoddy only did connect small mobile speakers to the board...)

http://www.youtube.com/v/9RhWnyVSL58

3. The mass production facility is still working on optimizing the production process so that there will be minimal faults on the boards. This does take a while, but as we're still waiting for some parts anyways, it's not much of a problem, and we're also waiting for the prototype cases to be finished. We'll use that waiting time on enhancing the OS.

Well, that's all for now. Expect more videos from me as soon as the first Angström Pandora images are baken.

GPeter7
December 5th, 2008, 21:14
today on 12-5-08 a check my bank and I don't see any refund yet for my Pandora preorder, :rolleyes:

yaustar
December 6th, 2008, 12:45
today on 12-5-08 a check my bank and I don't see any refund yet for my Pandora preorder, :rolleyes:
I would contact the retailer if you are not 100% sure if you need a refund.

GPeter7
December 12th, 2008, 02:13
Today on 12-11-08, I checked my bank account and have a partial refund for my Pandora pre-order, not the original $353.50 amount of what I paid; the amount of the partial refund was for $293.51, which leaves a balance of $59.99.:mad:

yaustar
December 12th, 2008, 12:53
Exchange rates. Everything is done in Pounds IIRC so it will still be worth X pounds when you do another transfer if not more.

Again, contact the retailer if you have problems or questions.