PDA

View Full Version : Delay When Launching

Plxply
December 1st, 2008, 23:40
Hello,

I currently have a Slim PSP modified with 5.00M33-3, I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the amount of time that the PSP takes to launch a game.

For example when clicking on any application or game it will display the PSP logo and play a small animation but after that it will hold at that screen for around 5 seconds, then start to read off the memory card to start said app or game. So what I would like to know is, if there is a way to remove the delay after the animation or remove the animation completely.

Thanks for your help in advanced,

Tesseract
December 2nd, 2008, 02:56
Well, I know that in the recovery options there's a way to disable the logo display after booting the UMD/EBOOT. That might shave the few seconds off that you're losing due to that secondary lag.

Only think I can think of on that delay after the logo might be to increase the CPU clock speed in the XMB. Don't know if that'd help or if it did how much of a difference it would make. :shrug:

gdfasha
December 2nd, 2008, 07:35
Hello,

I currently have a Slim PSP modified with 5.00M33-3, I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the amount of time that the PSP takes to launch a game.

For example when clicking on any application or game it will display the PSP logo and play a small animation but after that it will hold at that screen for around 5 seconds, then start to read off the memory card to start said app or game. So what I would like to know is, if there is a way to remove the delay after the animation or remove the animation completely.

Thanks for your help in advanced,

Hello, i think so.

TTownEP
December 2nd, 2008, 14:05
My buddy's PSP even slows down when it launches a game. Sometimes it even plays the little chime noise twice. That's really annoying. But yeah, you can turn off the animation in the recovery menu, as stated above.

Plxply
December 3rd, 2008, 14:35
Thanks for all you help,

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find the option to disable the animation that plays when you start a game or application. I have checked the recovery menu, and I can only find a option that turns off the Sony logo when you first turn the PSP on. Can someone give me more specific instructions?

TTownEP
December 3rd, 2008, 22:54
Yeah, I went back and looked at it later, and I didn't see it either. Sorry.