PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Web Browser?

dark__echoes
December 3rd, 2008, 03:01
Okay, there has GOT to be some sort of web browser for the PSP; and google won't tell.
So, please, I need SOMETHING better than the official sony one. Or not even bette exactly, just one that doesn't run out of memory all the time. =\
Also, has any body considered porting Fire fox to the PSP? That'd be kick-ass. Or google Chrome. That'd be almost as kick-ass.

PacMan44
December 3rd, 2008, 03:05
download psp kvm and use the mini opera browser.

JLF65
December 3rd, 2008, 11:09
Okay, there has GOT to be some sort of web browser for the PSP; and google won't tell.
So, please, I need SOMETHING better than the official sony one. Or not even bette exactly, just one that doesn't run out of memory all the time. =\
Also, has any body considered porting Fire fox to the PSP? That'd be kick-ass. Or google Chrome. That'd be almost as kick-ass.

There's not enough memory in a PSP for either browser. Both BARELY work with 256 MB of ram, four times what you have in a slim.

Tesseract
December 4th, 2008, 00:22
I'd love to see PIE (Pocket Internet Explorer) ported over... but I think all three are closed-source, so no port even if it COULD run on the PSP.

download psp kvm and use the mini opera browser.
I might have to give that a shot myself. I don't suppose it could be tweaked to make it a one-click affair? Y'know... so Opera Mini runs automatically once you've started PSPKVM?

betabeat
December 4th, 2008, 10:47
Search for pspradio links2
There is a standalone links2 browser for psp
Ben using it for months and it's wonderful

dark__echoes
December 5th, 2008, 02:49
Alright, thanks, I'll check all those out. =D