PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Problems A Lil Help?

monkeyboyhbc
January 19th, 2006, 00:57
well i ve tryed the procedure but not gotten very far.. i put everythin in the right place but wen i go to photo to get to overflow.tif it says corrupted data instead of overflow.tif which i assum thats what im suppose to find ?

i tryed downloading another downgrader and wen i unziped my antivirus says Trojan.PSPBrick is a Trojan horse that deletes critical system files on a Playstation Portable device, preventing the device from restarting correctly. It does this by exploiting the Sony PSP Photo Viewer TIFF Image Handling Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
?

miktar
January 19th, 2006, 03:45
well i ve tryed the procedure but not gotten very far.. i put everythin in the right place but wen i go to photo to get to overflow.tif it says corrupted data instead of overflow.tif which i assum thats what im suppose to find ?

i tryed downloading another downgrader and wen i unziped my antivirus says Trojan.PSPBrick is a Trojan horse that deletes critical system files on a Playstation Portable device, preventing the device from restarting correctly. It does this by exploiting the Sony PSP Photo Viewer TIFF Image Handling Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
?

Hey, just joined here to help people out
Firstly, make sure you download the downgrader from either psp-hacks.com
or psphacks.net, they are both reliable and I have personally downgraded from the files hosted on each site.

Make sure you are downgrading 2.0, and nothing higher, or the exploit doesn't work. Disable your antivirius, because sony just paid the anti-virius people out the butt to add in the downgrader to the virus definitions.

Any more questions, just pm, though I don't come here often....

monkeyboyhbc
January 19th, 2006, 04:11
thank you ..version 2.01 is boo boo.. is there any way to "DG" version 2.01 ?

Jdemon
January 19th, 2006, 20:23
As of now, no. I would guess that it will be cracked sooner than there will be a downgrade for it.