PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Noob here, question about downgrading

Annath
December 5th, 2008, 02:51
OK, so I have some experience downgrading, but I had a question. I have been away from the PSP hacking scene for about a year, since my old Phat PSP's audio decided to break. I am getting a brand new PSP for christmas and was wondering:

Can the latest, newest PSPs (3000?) be downgraded?
If so, how? I hear about Pandoras Battery, but will a Phat psp's battery work on new PSPs?

Things I have/will have by chistmas:
Old Phat PSP running 3.52-M33
PSP-3000 running whatever FW it comes with
256MB memory stick pro duo
4GB mem stick pro duo
USB cable

I do NOT have a card reader that works with Memory Stick Duos, only a couple of SD card readers

Thanks in advance

Tesseract
December 5th, 2008, 03:07
While there have been some recent advances, the PSP-3000's seem to be unhackable for now. Pandora aside, the 3000's have some annoying screen glitches from what I hear, so if you can wrangle yourself a 2000 instead, you'd be much better off.

I used the Phat battery to downgrade my g/f's PSP-2000, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Annath
December 5th, 2008, 03:11
While there have been some recent advances, the PSP-3000's seem to be unhackable for now. Pandora aside, the 3000's have some annoying screen glitches from what I hear, so if you can wrangle yourself a 2000 instead, you'd be much better off.

I used the Phat battery to downgrade my g/f's PSP-2000, so that shouldn't be an issue.

well darn, my dad is buying this for me, so i dont think he will want to hunt around for a used psp....

EDIT:
found a 2000 new on amazon, cool beans