PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to use a gc action replay on the wii?

Joe_263
December 6th, 2008, 03:13
Hello

I have this action replay for the gamecube. However, the wii refuses to read it, wich is annoying as hell since I have to use it on my old game cube.

So, my question is, is there a way to bypass this crap and to use the action replay on the wii? Is there some sort of freeloader homebrew program that would allow this? (I installed the HBC)

Thanks

Fatman541
December 6th, 2008, 04:26
unfortunately nintendo killed the gc action replay on the wii anyways, but if u go on the codejunkies site (www.codejunkies.com they claim that they are selling only the newest version of the gc action replay which is supposedly compatible with all wii firmwares. I haven't tried it myself yet, here's the link: http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/GCN-Action-Replay---USA__EF000194.aspx
I don't know if there's any way to get the older version of the ar working, if there are i haven't heard of it lol. Hope this helps!

h2923j42n2
December 6th, 2008, 09:31
Since you have the Homebrew Channel installed, you could try using GeckoOS (http://www.usbgecko.com/files/geckohb9.zip) to load it. It might work, but I can't say for sure.

Joe_263
December 6th, 2008, 17:41
Thanks for you answers

About the new version of the action replay, it's true that it's suppsoed to work. However, I heard you can't add new codes so it removes all the fun from it.

Thanks anyway!

h2923j42n2
December 6th, 2008, 20:25
Yeah, I would try the GeckoOS method. Also, yes, the updated Action Replay does NOT allow you to enter codes.

Joe_263
December 19th, 2008, 01:36
Hello

I finally tested Gecko Os and GCbooter yesterday (I was in an exam rush) and sadly, none of them worked D:

I just get a black screen and I'm told that the disc isn't recognized. That's too bad but it's not dramatic since I have my old gamecube.

Legolanders
May 3rd, 2009, 05:10
Could you use the ar codes for gamecube on Gecko os for wii

VampDude
May 8th, 2009, 15:28
You can use the GC AR on the Wii, but you would have to downgrade back to 2.2 or whatever was available before March 2007. Though I don't think it's possible to downgrade that far?

yadster
May 14th, 2009, 17:02
You can use AR on a Wii. Do a search for 'Buzbee's Action Replay for Wii'. I have it installed as a channel on my 4.0E Wii and it works a treat.