PDA

View Full Version : doomdc help

socalpunkroc
January 19th, 2006, 20:12
Can anyone help me with doomdc. I own doom 1 and ultimate doom, would like to see them run on my dreamcast preferably on the same disk. I tried dchacker demoboot but every time I try to run the bin file the dreamcast resets. Ive got the wad files in the same dir as the bin.

thanks in advance

Darksaviour69
January 20th, 2006, 15:09
try dream inducer, i find it easier to use
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/

socalpunkroc
January 20th, 2006, 17:30
Ok I got selfboot inducer read everything I could find on it but I'm still confused on how to create a sbi with my full versions of the game with makesbi. Is the wad and corresponding bin file all I need to make the sbi and where do I put them prior to running makesbi?

socalpunkroc
January 20th, 2006, 17:48
oh yeah cool map

Darksaviour69
January 20th, 2006, 18:05
na you don't have to make your own sbi, just get the doomDC sbi from sbiffy and replace the wad with your own (after extracting it)

socalpunkroc
January 20th, 2006, 18:48
How do I extract a .sbi?

Darksaviour69
January 20th, 2006, 19:27
in dream inducer, you put the sbis in the sbi folder, then start dream inducer

socalpunkroc
January 20th, 2006, 19:59
Ok dream inducer extacts the sbi but there is no wad included so I have no idea where to put the wads I tried in the games folder where the bin file is placed I guess thats not right cause the doom game selection screen comes up but I can't select any of the games not even the shareware one.

I'm up to 5 coasters now. A new record for me.

socalpunkroc
January 20th, 2006, 20:54
Ok I got it, doomdc is not for me. I got nxdoom working with the sbi from spiffy (thanks again burner0) all I had to do was put the sbi file in the sbi dir, create a doom folder in the inducer dir and put the wad files in there then run the inducer. And no doomdc still does not work with this setup.

6 coasters five hours of frustration now its time to kill
thanks for all the help dark savior

Darksaviour69
January 20th, 2006, 21:17
crap! i forgot nxdoom is the best version! sorry should have said that