PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up system region?

ToJa92
December 6th, 2008, 23:07
Ok, so I got a certain game from a certain site. I will not mention anything about it. We bought it here in Sweden, so of course its the E (europe) one. This particular game was a NTSC game which still was unreleased as PAL, but I still decided to get the NTSC version. I inserted the disk, and it asked for a software update, which I did. The game runs perfectly good. But here's the problem, I tried the Anyregion changer 1.1, which is supposed to be able to change your region settings etc. It detected all settings correct (PAL, Europe etc.), as system region, it only says "." . Any ways of fixing this?(I have not used this app before, and newer downgraded, only upgraded with the built-in updater). I would like to downgrade to 3.2E, so I can install Starfall, in case anyone wonders. Oh, btw, all games work fine, both the NTSC one and normal PAL ones. As I have not mentioned anything about warez, this topic shouldn't get locked right? Bring the answers on, lol :thumbup:

sean.aaron
December 16th, 2008, 07:47
My understanding is that AnyRegionChanger is disabled as of firmware update 3.4 and the earlier quasi-update that still reads as 3.3, so you're probably out of luck.

I've messed up my region using AnyRegionChanger, and believe me, if your region was messed up you wouldn't be able to run any software at all.

I would recommend trying GeckoOS or MenuLoader, neither one of which should pose any risk to your system.

ToJa92
December 22nd, 2008, 20:01
The problem is, I didn't use AnyRegionChanger, I updated on a NTSC game (U region), while the console is for PAL. Later I have updated to 3.4 (E region), but now ARC (AnyRegionChanger) reports a region/country mismatch. Yet the console work good both with the NTSC game and several PAL games.

sean.aaron
December 23rd, 2008, 00:06
Irrelevant. AnyRegionChanger doesn't work with current firmware, period and I doubt there'll be any further updates, so just forget about using it anymore.

ToJa92
January 5th, 2009, 00:39
This thread can be locked, thanks to this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 Now everything works perfectly!