PDA

View Full Version : Please help w/DCaSTaway - I'm old & slow :p

Strangedogs
December 7th, 2008, 02:05
I got DCaSTaway RC5 (and a bunch of games included) on a Torrent Site today - Owned Atari ST's and STE's for years back in the 80's and early 90's - actually started a local user group here in Jacksonville with a buddy called FACE (Firstcoast Atari Computer Enthusiasts)... Sold all my ST stuff years ago and my wife has always missed her favorite ST Game from back then - STAR TREK - REBEL UNIVERSE. I was hoping it was on this emulator CDI but alas - it wasn't... Can anyone help? Either point me to one that has ST-RU or give me a few simple links, info, etc on making my own DC disc - I can keep trying to find the rom but all I seem to be able to find is the damn PC version. My wife is disabled now - spends 90% of her time in bed and I put a 50" HD TV in there for her to enjoy (she's a TV Nut) and have our beloved ATARI 5200 system - our 7800 System - our Dreamcast System all hooked up for her too. Someone Please help - I swear it's not for me (I like schmups dude) - I'd love to "make her day"... :rolleyes:

EDIT: K - I got TOS, Got my game got the binary file for DCaSTaway - now I'm lost - how do I make a DC Disc??? I want self booting if possible and just 1 game - Star Trek - Rebel Universe!!! I have Discjuggler, Alcohol, etc but I take I need something else (injecter???) - can someone just give me directions a moron can follow... I'm looking now for a blank ST disc image... Thanks guys. HELP ME MAKE THE WIFE A HAPPY GIRL and who knows - I might get some... ;)

Starscream
December 12th, 2008, 21:09
Castaway supports disc -change. So in theory you could just burn a a pre-made Castaway CD and than change to a data-cd with the game on it (I'd recommend putting some other stuff or at least a dummy file on there to bring it in the 50MB range).

If you want everything on one disc, I recommend getting bootdreams, that allows you to easily build a self-booting disc by pointing to the relevant folder.