PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help - need some pointers

SuperLink
December 8th, 2008, 17:49
I just got a new PSP SlimLite, and I'm very keen on hacking it for PS1 emulation. I'm gonna ask a very nooby question now. My PSP SlimLite's system is version 3.95. I know that I need a Slim Tool Battery, which I'm going to try and get soon, but I won't bother until I know this.

Is it possible to hack a 3.95 PSP? Or if not can it be downgraded?

Any help or pointers to guides or threads would be great. I've had a quick look on YouTube but couldn't find anything for SlimLite 3.95.

Apologies if it was right under my nose and I'm being really stupid. Homebrew stuff has always given my a headache. :P

PSPdemon
December 8th, 2008, 18:28
i believe that psp would be a TA-088v3 mobo ( i could be wrong ) which if it is.... then no, you cannot downgrade or hack it just yet.

Something you can do though ( because you are going to have to make one anyway ) is to run this on your psp...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=167190

that wil tell you if you have one or not ( albit im sure that if you just got it its the new TA-088v3 board )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

SuperLink
December 8th, 2008, 23:52
Ah that sucks... do you have any idea when/if I'll ever be able to hack it?

In any case I'm not going to waste my money or time on a Pandora Battery until I know it can be hacked. Thanks for the pointers though.

*bump*

I've been told this may be cause for confusion, but it's 3.95 Firmware, and the PSP I'm using is a 2003. Does this help at all?