PDA

View Full Version : Gp2x VS PSP

Jdemon
January 20th, 2006, 17:44
I'm curious to know what people think about the Emulation side of Gp2x VS the PSP Emulators. I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to invest in a Gp2x. I guess the things I'm most curious about is how good is the MAME? And how good does the video look on Gp2x?

yaustar
January 20th, 2006, 17:57
Gp2x emulation scene is still only a few months old so a lot of the emus are in the alpha stages but if it continues its current growth, it will be really impressive. I would think of it as a potential investment. I feel that the PSP scene has hits peak, it can't go much further, most eumlators are full speed. If you already have a PSP, wait a while till the Gp2x starts to steady itself out, something like 3-6 months.

Gp2X mame is damn impressive, a lot of the games run full speed with sound and it also has some limited support for CPS1 games. Bear in mind it is based on 0.34 though.

Video playback is pretty good as well, since AVIs no longer need conversion or re encoding, you can quickly dump a couple of anime episodes on and go watch it on the move. Dont forget about TV out.

Mysteryman
January 24th, 2006, 02:06
I couldnt get my gp2x to play games, then it bricked, then i fixed it, then i sold it on ebay. I was very displeased with it. So I'd choose psp.

morg13
January 26th, 2006, 15:16
PSP is better, more power (less ram but still better).
PSP os not made for emulating but the origenal psp games are so great for such a littel thing^^