PDA

View Full Version : DGen v1.30 (Megadrive/Genesis emulator for PSP)

wraggster
January 20th, 2006, 22:21
Syn-Z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has updated what is now the best Genesis Emulator for the PSP (We need a new PSPGenesis release /me looks for Sougen), heres whats new via translation:

Ver 1.30 * Turbo mode mounting (in キーコンフィグ addition)
* Deletion functional addition of state (SELECT + □)
* State saving / load verification message option addition
* State date indication
of saving

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

Give feedback via the comments

PLynx
January 20th, 2006, 22:32
Nice news :)

キーコンフィグ
-> Key config :)

Kaiser
January 20th, 2006, 22:49
Nice, to bad it still isen't compatible with Fanjita's loader. :(

Voltron
January 20th, 2006, 23:21
No EBOOT LOADER support? grrrrrr. Perhaps one day this will change.

aries2k4
January 20th, 2006, 23:52
Good Job, I´m glad the coders have been coming out with updates for emulators.
Keep up the good work

nexus68
January 21st, 2006, 01:11
Very good emu but not yet the best, i have always gfx and sprite small bugs with games, not on PSPGenesis.

Chackan
January 21st, 2006, 03:19
No doubt, Dgen is the best genesis emulator for the psp..now..if only it worked with fanjita's eboot loader =\

Illegal Machine
January 21st, 2006, 07:28
Very good emu but not yet the best, i have always gfx and sprite small bugs with games, not on PSPGenesis.

I think this ones better,

I replaced pspgen long ago with it

kyus
January 21st, 2006, 14:55
definately better than psp genesis. you can cheat :P

Hungry Horace
March 1st, 2006, 19:04
errr... i've got this working on the GTA loader!

when i tried it alone... no joy - same old switch-off-er-oo

but, i also installed 0.7. load this first, L-R-Start back to the Loader.... then boot 1.3

been playing sensi soccer and devil crash on it! (on version 2.5 firmware)

picture here: www.djcresswell.com/amigashots/sega.jpg

cant seem to quit out or get back to the menu though... hmm.

Hungry Horace
March 1st, 2006, 19:13
ok, a quick checkback...

it crashed when i accdently ran without loading a rom.... and somehow i got the quit thing to work.... once.

Hungry Horace
March 1st, 2006, 19:52
it crashes when trying trying to change key-config. if you want analogue stick to work on directions then do it on 0.7 and copy the config across to 1.3 ....

only game of the 4 i've tried that wouldnt work was Sonic 1.

changing configs like this has seemed to have fixed my "game quit" problem... not sure why!

Lodis
March 2nd, 2006, 16:03
Even though I can use the ''Home'' button, an exit button would be a nice addition to this emulator. Keep up the good work and glad to see an update on this excellent emulator.

D0N
March 2nd, 2006, 16:06
Nice! Though it would be even nicer if it worked with Fanjitas Eloader :(

Hungry Horace
March 3rd, 2006, 01:14
Nice! Though it would be even nicer if it worked with Fanjitas Eloader :(

it can! i'm using it and it's great.... :D

D0N
March 3rd, 2006, 17:45
it can! i'm using it and it's great.... :D

What version firmware u got and how did u get it to work?Plz cud u let me no. Thnx in advance. :)

D0N
March 3rd, 2006, 17:51
It dnt matter. I got it to wrk. :)

%chrono trigger%
March 3rd, 2006, 23:51
how i have been trying all month to get it to work tell us how or are you just bs to look cool

Hungry Horace
March 4th, 2006, 03:03
how i have been trying all month to get it to work tell us how or are you just bs to look cool

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19796

it's even got pictures for people just like you. think carefully before accusing people of bs'ing. if you'd bothered to read a few posts back, you'll see i explained how it was done even there.

D0N
March 4th, 2006, 14:54
Yeah Hungry Horace is right read before u post.

sharkus
March 7th, 2006, 00:39
Anyone know how to get dgen to play Warsong? It seems pretty much unplayable due to missing "windows" and text. Plays just fine with the latest pspgenesis.

Also, both dgen and pspgenesis do not properly blend the background and drop shadow of the beans in the "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine". Anyone know how to get that working? (Not a big deal, I'm just wondering how much of a performance hit this effect creates.)

[No Name]
March 19th, 2006, 21:42
How The Hell Do You Use This?????????????????? Iv Never Seen A Emulator Like This, None Of Then Folders Or N E Tin Wid The '%'

MrYads
March 23rd, 2006, 22:39
Emulator works great, one problem I seem to be having though. I can save states, but after I restart my psp or the emulator again, the save states are gone. Am I doing it wrong, or is it like this for everyone?

pkmaximum
March 23rd, 2006, 22:52
I still would like to see better multiplayer functionality. It just seems like he left that unfinished to me. As if he only got 1/2 the job done. :(

Tyoma
May 24th, 2006, 15:16
I copyied both folders

DGEN____________________________
DGEN__~1%

to PSP/GAME

It appears in PSP's game menu? but when I launch it it crashed with:

"Cant launch this game (80020130)".

What am I doing wrong. I have japanese PSP with firmware 1.50.

Thanx in advance...

slaphappygamer
May 25th, 2006, 02:32
I copyied both folders

DGEN____________________________
DGEN__~1%

to PSP/GAME

It appears in PSP's game menu? but when I launch it it crashed with:

"Cant launch this game (80020130)".

What am I doing wrong. I have japanese PSP with firmware 1.50.

Thanx in advance...

the error means your folder names are incorrect. i reccommend you rename the folders to dgen and dgen% then use seipsptool to rename them. for some reason copy&paste dont work to the psp.

slaphappygamer
May 25th, 2006, 02:33
I still would like to see better multiplayer functionality. It just seems like he left that unfinished to me. As if he only got 1/2 the job done. :(

i argee some games slow down when in 2 player mode, like streets of rage.

Xi0N
June 11th, 2006, 20:23
With Fw 2.50, i cant get anything.. (GTA loader), i just try to launch the emu and my psp switches off... :( help please

Tanis6909
June 16th, 2006, 15:49
Emulator works great, one problem I seem to be having though. I can save states, but after I restart my psp or the emulator again, the save states are gone. Am I doing it wrong, or is it like this for everyone?

i'm having the exact same problem....anyone know any way around this? kinda makes it hard to play something like Shining Force, i dont think i could play that game all in one sitting....

Tanis6909
June 16th, 2006, 16:47
oh yea....i forgot to mention that i am on fw 2.6, running the GTA loader....my DGen is v1.30

games play and load fine, i do have to hold L + R + Start to exit the emu...kind of a pain, but i can deal with that if i can get my games to save.

but just like MrYads, i can save the game just fine, but when i change roms or restart the emu, my savestates are gone (along with the options i change...usually turning that pretty blue background off ;)

so yea, if anyone has any ideas, that would be super, i would love to play me some Shining Force ;-P

RemixUnlimited
June 16th, 2006, 19:58
Version 1.60 is out you know.

Tanis6909
June 19th, 2006, 16:27
yea, i know, but it doesnt run through the GTA loader....well, at least version 1.4 and 1.5 didnt....i havent tried v1.6

anyone know if DGen v1.6 runs on fw 2.6 through GTA?

pspcross
June 19th, 2006, 17:55
yea, i know, but it doesnt run through the GTA loader....well, at least version 1.4 and 1.5 didnt....i havent tried v1.6

anyone know if DGen v1.6 runs on fw 2.6 through GTA?

stick with 1.3 and your good to go

i have bock on 2.5 and its about the most stable emu i have

pspcross

Tanis6909
June 19th, 2006, 21:06
oh yea, the emu itself runs great, but i can't save!.....well, thats not entirely true, i can save, but when i leave the emu and come back, the save states are gone.......and dangit, i want to play me some Shining Force!! :p

Tanis6909
June 26th, 2006, 16:33
so then...i guess there is no way....

how about this? is there anyway to make a genesis rom play on the snes emulator? that sounds like a silly question, but hey, you never know.....anyone out there have a ShiningForce.smc they'd like to share? ;)

playuppompey
July 18th, 2006, 21:12
i have version 2.6 and i have been spending hours looking around at websites with all this stuff on it this is the most clear oout of all of them..

.. but i wont to know how to play homebrew on 2.6 fw with fanjitas gta eloader and this version(2.6) could somebody please help!!!!

i dont know what files to save to or anything help appreciated!!!:) :) :)

SweetFA
July 18th, 2006, 21:40
i have version 2.6 and i have been spending hours looking around at websites with all this stuff on it this is the most clear oout of all of them..

.. but i wont to know how to play homebrew on 2.6 fw with fanjitas gta eloader and this version(2.6) could somebody please help!!!!

i dont know what files to save to or anything help appreciated!!!:) :) :)
Why have you got 2.6fw?

Downgrade to 1.5fw and get Devhook 0.44 for when you need 2.71fw.

playuppompey
July 21st, 2006, 13:02
because i have only recently purchased my psp and cuoldnt find any version 2 or 1.5 on ebay or in shops so i had to settle with it

by the way i am not downgradin my firmware as i do not want to brick my psp and render it useless

jaws365
July 21st, 2006, 13:43
I wonder if Dgen will ever run with 0 frameskip. That would rock!