PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming on vib-ribbon

Tesseract
December 16th, 2008, 00:43
Heh... This has been my latest project: Getting Vib-Ribbon to work on POPS.

So far, I've had the same crashing issues that others have reported. I was able to get into the Gameplay once, and that was when I made a Multi-Disk image using PSX2PSP. Every other time, it'll tell me to 'Insert the Vib Ribbon' disc when I try to play with the existing tracks. I've tried using the Multi-disc image builder with Tail of the Sun (because it uses CD-Audio tracks, but it doesn't let me swap discs unless I reset.

While it's been fun to play the Vib Ribbon track-rips on Beats, I'd like to re-experience them on-the-go in their ORIGINAL form with my PSP.

I'd like folks to give me some suggestions to try, as the one POPS compatibility list I looked at that included Vib-Ribbon said it was playable, but declined to add any details. ^^;

Additionally, I think it'd be cool if someone could figure out how to alter POPS or CWCheat to force the ability to disc swap if a multi-disc PBP is available whether the game is 'requesting' it or not.

EDIT: OK, got it working on a single-disc with PSX2PSP. I'm using the European Version of the game ( SLES02873 ), but I had to use the NTSC-J Game ID (SCPS18012) to make it work. It won't make it to the PSX 'Bios' screen if using the POPS from flash ( 5.00M33-4 )... 4.01 works just fine, though. Still can't swap discs, but I think that's a different issue.