PDA

View Full Version : Play 2.0 Games without upgrading from 1.5??

SKULK
January 23rd, 2006, 03:33
I just bought a game that required me to upgrade my v1.5 to 2.0 to play it, but I don't want to upgrade. Is there any way around it? If so what do I do?

IndianCheese
January 23rd, 2006, 04:09
If it is not GTA or SOCOM, you can use the WAB or SXT version changer to make your PSP think it is a higher version than it really is.

DCEmuK2
January 23rd, 2006, 16:36
If it is not GTA or SOCOM, you can use the WAB or SXT version changer to make your PSP think it is a higher version than it really is.

PoPolo Crois requires 2.0 - I tried WAB versioning from 1.5 to 2.0 with no success. :confused:

I'll have to try SXT - hopefully that will work.

Kaiser
January 24th, 2006, 00:41
PoPolo Crois requires 2.0 - I tried WAB versioning from 1.5 to 2.0 with no success. :confused:

I'll have to try SXT - hopefully that will work.

I doubt the team who made it will make a difference. They both pretty much run using the same process (By changing a few digits).

BPM9
January 24th, 2006, 00:49
Hey let me know how you get Popolocrois to work, I just got it and don't want to upgrade.

SKULK
January 24th, 2006, 05:16

Yeah it's SOCOM, does it mean I can't play it without upgrading or is there some other way around it........hope I don't have to return it. :confused:

Xan
January 24th, 2006, 08:51
Yeah it's SOCOM, does it mean I can't play it without upgrading or is there some other way around it........hope I don't have to return it. :confused:
SOCOM needs some ddl`s included in 2.0 FW to run.
Best way IMO is to upgrade to 2.0 and use Eboot loader 0.9 for 2.0 FW.Just use search.Atm i`m using 2.0 with eboot loader and it works fine .

.:PSP1.0:.
January 24th, 2006, 09:11
Best way IMO is to upgrade to 2.0 and use Eboot loader 0.9 for 2.0 FW.Just use search.Atm i`m using 2.0 with eboot loader and it works fine .

Or buy another PSP lol.. ;)

DCEmuK2
January 24th, 2006, 23:07

So 'Eboot Loader' lets you run Homebrew stuff on 2.0 that would normally only work on 1.5 and earlier?

.:PSP1.0:.
January 26th, 2006, 04:45
So 'Eboot Loader' lets you run Homebrew stuff on 2.0 that would normally only work on 1.5 and earlier?

Yep thats right but only 85% of homebrew works on the v2.0 using the loader.. bright side is snes, megadrive, neo geo cd emulator are in that 85% ;) theres a compatability list of what works and what does'nt work on the v2.0 using the loader floating around somewhere on this site..

DCEmuK2
January 26th, 2006, 23:17
Yep thats right but only 85% of homebrew works on the v2.0 using the loader.. bright side is snes, megadrive, neo geo cd emulator are in that 85% ;) theres a compatability list of what works and what does'nt work on the v2.0 using the loader floating around somewhere on this site..

Thank you for the info! Think I'm going to stick with 1.5 for now and hope that something comes on to the Scene that allows newer games to run more successfully (i.e. Popolo Crois).

Really enjoying the NES emulation right now with 1.5 - want to try SNES but am nervous about overclocking.