PDA

View Full Version : Iris Editing Q&A

Produkt
January 25th, 2006, 03:14
This is your chance to ask me anything about Iris Editing and the formats used inside Iris. I will answer any question I can and even help you with your problems. After we get alot of problem's worked out I will start a set of documents (I'll get MG Fox to give a hand to :P) which should explain most things you need. But for now What do you guys need to know?

bizarre
January 25th, 2006, 04:32
jejeje, when will be released the next iris version? :) jiji

MGFox
January 25th, 2006, 10:37
Erm, Bizarre, this is an Editing Q&A!

Although, the phrase "It'll be released when its done" comes to mind! :D

Cheers,
Fox

sin`pl
January 25th, 2006, 12:21
i don't think if it's editing q&a but... will be there 'zones' like head zone, leg etc.. ? like in soldier of fortune :>

MGFox
January 25th, 2006, 12:57
There are no plans as yet, but if there is, I can't imagine it'll be anything more than "body shot" and "head shot"

Cheers,
Fox

Cap'n 1time
January 25th, 2006, 14:52
god i dont know how to suggest this without seeming like an idiot. I think it would be cool to be able to customize your character.. in other words have 1 skeleton that fit a whole bunch of models, then you select the head, body, arms, legs, size, etc... Now i dont know if these is the same type of thing as zoning.. but it would probably just be a matter of adding instructions that said where certain vertecies connected to wherever...

Next thing Id like to suggest is a type of 3rd person and over head view for future mods. AND 2D MODS RULE!

jumping, ducking, swiming, drowning, climbing, fall damage... all the stuff that makes a FPS.

Maybe for a single player mode some kind of Random spawn and respawning of monsters... and for thoes RPG mods I hope to see some kind of trigger that spawns you in another map once you touch somthing or complete a certain objective...

anyway, my question is, what of these is possible? what isnt?

ENGL!SH
January 25th, 2006, 18:33
This game is soooo good , i would like to see, a way of starting a new deathmatch without quitting and then re-starting the gam i would also like ducking, swiming, climbing, jumping.With all of this the game would be really great!
Also does anyone have any other maps that work on Iris. Keep up the great work!

ENGL!SH
January 25th, 2006, 18:33
sorry double post

MGFox
January 25th, 2006, 18:49
1time: The quake models don't use skeletons, every frame of animation is full mesh...the Half-Life models use skeletons for animation, but I'm not sure whether PSmonkey plans to support them!

EDIT: PSmonkey has announced HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17709) that he does plan to support HL models...so maybe in the future, player customisation could be possible!

As for the Jumping, Ducking, etc. They are all already being considered, but PSmonkey only has so much time :D

Also does anyone have any other maps that work on Iris

The whole point of this thread is so Produkt and myself can help others make their own content!

Cheers,
Fox