PDA

View Full Version : Awesome PC-to-PSP tunnelling method!

IndianCheese
January 25th, 2006, 04:16
I have version 2.00, and wanted to find an HTTP server to broadcast my hard drive to my PSP through the internet, so I found the WWW File Share Pro. Much better than what I was actually looking for. Instead of adding files to a virtual server, my computer is "streamed" to either a local LAN or the entire freaking internet! To broadcast over only a LAN when using a router or over the internet without a router, simply install the program, open it, and click the Connect button. By typing in the address shown in the lower box on your PSP, you will have instant access to all of the files found in the stream path you chose on your computer. If you want to broadcast over the internet using a router, you must configure a forwarding method, which is very simple; enable a new forward path, choose the port, and type the LAN IP address (the one the program shows when you connect). You can even broadcast your entire hard drive by choosing "C:\" as the stream path! My hard drive is burning the net right now, and to access it, you just have to type in my IP address. But since the software has an upload feature, this poses a great risk; any schmo could upload a virus right onto your PC, but this is where the password-protection comes in. Accounts can be set up for different user-names, allowing some to download, some to upload, and some to do both. The file menu obviously isn't as great as explorer, but it does show the full file name, size, etc. and fits almost perfectly onto the PSP screen. All you have to do to DL a file is click it. That's it. I do recommend either broadcasting your hard drive, or putting all the files you want into one folder, because although you can browse folders and such, you cannot go any higher than the folder chosen on your PC. So no, you will not be able to access disc and hard drive content at the same time.

Here is a zip with the install file.

maybe if this gets popular you could sticky it...