PDA

View Full Version : Why does my battery always read so low?

limmk
December 23rd, 2008, 20:33
Hello everyone,

The original battery that came with my PSP recently died, so I bought a new one. However when I fully charged it, it said 100%.

But I realised from time to time the battery level fluctuates and it says 16% then 100% then 16%. So I return to the store and got a replacement. And the same thing happened again. So I put back my original battery and it says 16%.

All batteries don't last more than 3 hours of playing time.

My settings: Full brightness, 50% volume. WIFI off. UMD frequent.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Wally
December 24th, 2008, 00:04
Almost sounds like your PSP has a corrupt key somewhere.

Tried reformatting flash1 for starts?

limmk
December 24th, 2008, 13:45
Thanks Wally. I have tried but could not succeed. Still the same problem.

Wally
December 24th, 2008, 14:19
Sounds like your IDStorage is corrupt somewhere then,

How did you hack your PSP?

limmk
December 24th, 2008, 21:42
So far when I was using it, no other side effects other than the reading of the battery power meter was mess up. It still holds the charge but it kinda annoying when I was playing psp games and cannot tell how much juice the battery has left.

Wally
December 25th, 2008, 09:48
I did ask how you hacked your PSP :P

Not about the fluctuation. Oh well, if there aren't any other side effects it's probably OK to ignore.

Cloudhunter
December 25th, 2008, 10:23
It could also be a faulty or fake battery. Most of them don't have the proper charging circuits or work the same way as normal batteries.

I very much doubt it's an ID Storage problem, as it would always report the wrong value - not just when it feels like it.

I wouldn't worry about it though - if you're worried it might be a fake battery though, just make sure you get an official, or Datel Max Power battery.

Cloudy

Wally
December 25th, 2008, 10:36
Ohh you're from singapore..

Of course it'll be fake!

limmk
December 26th, 2008, 11:22
LOL thanks Wally and CH.

I just have to learn and ignore it

Oh Wally I got my PSP fixed by the shop I bought it from