PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 1 on PSP

Gamefox
December 25th, 2008, 08:55
Hello all,

Im wondering if anyone can help me get my old ps1 games playing on my psp.

I installed the newest update (5.00 M33-5)
I also have popsloader as a plugin. But my EBOOT's dont seem to like me.

All i get is an intro screen that fades to black. Then the psp reboots after about 10/20 secs.

I was wondering if anyone had a good tutorial from start to finish or if they could help?

Many thanks!

pricemeista33
January 3rd, 2009, 21:12
Your biggest mistake was updating to 5.0 which is a no-no! Downgrade to an earlier FW.

Buddy4point0
January 3rd, 2009, 23:48
Well, if you have popsloader you should have no problem getting games to run.
Just make sure that you have the 5.00 m33 popsloader and all the necessary files.
You should be able to find lists on google of which firmware works best for which game, and just use popsloader to go the that firmware.

Your biggest mistake was updating to 5.0 which is a no-no! Downgrade to an earlier FW.
Well first off, 5.00 pops is pretty damn good.
Second, popsloader allows you to load the pops from any firmware, so it really doesn't matter what CFW you're on.

mikeytje
January 5th, 2009, 21:54
Make sure your Popsloader is installed properly.

After you installed it and a game still won't work, hold the R shoulder button when you press X to start your psx game.

You'll get a list of the firmwares available.
Check Google to find out wich firmware is best for your game.

Epyx
January 12th, 2009, 18:51
Second, popsloader allows you to load the pops from any firmware, so it really doesn't matter what CFW you're on.

Exactly. In fact there are a few PS1 titles that even benefit from CFW 5.00. Popsloader and 5.00 are the way to go imo.

Gamekrazy
January 13th, 2009, 02:08
Well, Im having trouble with popsloader at the moment. Im running 5.00 M33-4, and none of my PSX games seem to like me. Im trying to run Digimon World 2003 for instance, and I run it at 3.80 pops like the compatibility list says, and the screen just blanks on me after I select the pops. Nothing ever loads, I have to restart my psp to get back to the menu. Is there a better way to do this?

Buddy4point0
January 13th, 2009, 18:32
Well do you have all the files you need to run it?
Check the install guide for popsloades on 5.00, you need to dump some flash files of previous firmwares.