PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!! My PSP Slim Won't Work

Game King 1555
December 26th, 2008, 20:42
Hi it's me again, I was here a few days ago with my Slim PSP's UMD problem. But screw that I say because now my psp won't work, when I turn it on the XMB won't move or anything :( when I hit the buttons on my psp, the VSH menu does open when I push the switch to hold mode but that won't work either, doesn't let me select anything :confused: When I go to the "Recovery Menu", that works...but if I select some option that takes me out of the "Recovery Menu" my psp goes to not working, the buttons. I tryed running Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.50 but the minute that loads it won't work :mad: What I'm saying is my psp's buttons don't seem to work on anything but the Recovery Menu, oh and the USB option also work. I can access the MS, Flash 0, Flash 1, Flash 2, and Flash3 though the Recovery Menu. I think replacing files in Flash 0,1,2, and 3 will fix my PSP but I do not know where to get them. Please Help

NOTE: I have a PSP Slim with Firmware 5.00M33-4

Buddy4point0
December 26th, 2008, 21:27
Try taking out your umd, sometimes stuff like that happens when I have a poor conditioned game in.

Game King 1555
December 27th, 2008, 03:42
No, before my psp started acting more weird it wasn't reading my UMD disks, because the button the UMD door presses when it get closed broke.

Wally
December 27th, 2008, 05:59
Have you for some reason got the XMB CPU speed as 33mhz? (press home and check)

MaNaXeD
December 27th, 2008, 09:36
Have you got any plugins Activated on your PSP if so try deactivating them, it may fix the problem.

MaNaXeD
December 27th, 2008, 09:41
Have you enabled any plugins? If yes try disabling all of them.

And replacing your f0,f1,f2,f3,f4 wont do any difference unless you modified them or deleted any of them.

Game King 1555
December 29th, 2008, 05:13
Well I did mod the Game Boot recently with GameBoot Flasher v. 1.50

Game King 1555
December 29th, 2008, 05:22
And I now can't get to anything(Like the Recovery Menu and the XMB) Its now just blackness when I try turning my Slim PSP on. I have a 16 SD card with a PhotoFast CR-3100 SD Reader for psp, and I would put my pandora files on that but I don't have a MS Duo card reader. I do have a SD card reader, is there anyway of uploading the files to my sd card then put it in my psp hook up? or anyway of having someone else put the pandora file on their hook up then take out the sd card and send the files the way they are to me?

cool9918
December 29th, 2008, 15:41
ur psp is semibricked this same exact thing happened to me over the summer so u need a pandoras battery and a Magic memory stick to reinstall the cfw hint dont mess around with gameboots unless u backed up ur flash 0

Game King 1555
January 6th, 2009, 05:39
Well I've played around and made a Hard-modded Pandora Battery, and I tried a number of ways to install a fresh install of a custom or original firmware and if I use a program like elf menu so I can run things like Recovery Flasher v150 by Hellcat it freezes. What happens is I load the elf menu then I go to recovery flasher and when it asks me if I agree to the apps ways of installing my psp won't let me select yes I agree or anything, so I restart my psp and then the elf menu won't work, it keeps researching my psp's memory card, so I tried a few things and I noticed that I have to reformat my memory card with my pc and reinstall the elf menu for it to work again, anyone know whats wrong with my psp slim or why nothing seems to work right?

mike_jmg
January 8th, 2009, 05:10
You semi bricked your psp by puting the custom gameboot

weird things like the ones you mention happen when you mess with the files on flash0, that happened to me once, my psp won't do anything and just lagged on the XMB.

I think it may have semi bricked because the files on your flash0 appear as hidden and/or read only, this might be also why recovery flasher wont work, it can't erase the existing files and gives you and error

- What will surely work, get a MS Pro duo (maybe borrowed), and create a pandora's memory stick to reinstall CFW. (note: you need a MS with max 4GB, higher wont work)

- What might work, well if you can run a psp app from recovery, use this (http://dl.qj.net/Flash0-Unlocker-0.5-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/23013/catid/193) to unlock the files on flash0, don't worry about what it says, it works on any CFW, I've used it on 4.01M33-2.

Once you've managed to use this, try running the recovery flasher again and see if it works

Hope it does run this time

Gio_P_L
December 4th, 2009, 21:40
I have the same problem and i did what you recommended but it still doesn't work, where are the hidden files supposed to be at