PDA

View Full Version : psp HELP NEEDED ASAP.

quinny24
December 27th, 2008, 11:21
We bought a psp for an xmas present. system says its software 3.02 oe-b.
psp will play perowned games bought but won't play the new games says error on reading discs.

we have tried updating softwere through psp offical website and it wont take it. Also tried the psp update through the network as it says verion 5.0 something like that when choose it it does nothing when going to install it after download. Read some were that its custom firmware. tried updating it with a number of custom updates they either comeup as corupted or we get message saying extracted ...... can't be found would you like to connect to download, tried this and just says please wait ....... then seems to get stuck at that for hours 2 last night we gave up and turned psp off.

we are new to psp's so have no idea whats going on or how to fix. Bought it from gaming shop as perowned. Can't take it back as bought it in august can't find reciept.
:mad:

PLEASE HELP...

donmichaelcorleone
December 27th, 2008, 14:08
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8383
Hope this helps, you should be able to go from your older firmware straight to the latest.

Wally
December 27th, 2008, 17:07
If i understand correctly, the old firmware is 3.02 M33

You have to update to 3.52 M33-4 before you can update to 5.00 M33

donmichaelcorleone, your solution wont work :)

quinny24
December 27th, 2008, 17:47
We tried updating to 3.52 m33-4 it wouldn't take it either. :(.

Took it to a shop today and they said it had been hacked by pervious owner, and shouldn't of been sold.
place were got it from is resending invoice out so we can send it back for either a replacement or refund..
gutted though as looked forward to playing tomb raider :(. Not sure if we should get replacment as don't want another disapointment.

Thank you for your help

will buy new next time.........

Wally
December 28th, 2008, 01:22
Stores won't understand anything.

Hacking the console gives you benefits except in your case.

I'd like to help you out over MSN or something later on this afternoon.

PM me your IM details and I'll go from there.

We tried updating to 3.52 m33-4 it wouldn't take it either. :(.

Took it to a shop today and they said it had been hacked by pervious owner, and shouldn't of been sold.
place were got it from is resending invoice out so we can send it back for either a replacement or refund..
gutted though as looked forward to playing tomb raider :(. Not sure if we should get replacment as don't want another disapointment.

Thank you for your help

will buy new next time.........