PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here and a few questions :)

ds girl
December 28th, 2008, 16:48
Hi there!

Awsome forums...

Got a few questions.

I got my ds lite for christmas, and have ordered a R4 (2gb) card thing.

I am a complete an utter n00b to the gaming scene so I have a few questions!

1) Is there a homebrew web browser?

2) Can you use skype on ds?

3) What are the 10 'must haves' homebrew wise to have?

4) I want to order some games, not going to download roms (support the game devs and all that :P ) and wondered what you would reccomend.

5) Well.. here I am!

dsgirl :D

SifJar
February 14th, 2009, 19:06
OK
1) Yes there are several. I'd advise the one built into DSOrganize

2) Not that i know of, but there is a VoIP app called SvsIP, may be of use to you

3)Just ten? Well - Still Alive DS, AmplituDS, DSOrganize, Video Game Hero, Johnny Platform's Biscuit Romp, Jelly Blocks, MegaETK, Warcraft:Tower Defence, Open Tyrian and Tetatt DS

4)Try Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, Trauma Center, TrackMania, The World Ends With You, Mario and Luigi:Partners in Time, Zelda, Picross

5)Yes, you are

Hope that helps

ClanTag
February 24th, 2009, 05:09
Awesome! Grats on the DS and R4.

DSOrganize has the best DS browser out right now but you can also use Bunjaloo as a web browser.

I think you can use SvSip to act as a Skype phone caller. You wont be able to IM but DSorganize has an IRC Client.!

Homebrew Games? I know of some but i dont like them stick with the ones the dude above me said.

You should deffinetly get Animal Crossing, Action Replay, Mario Kart, ALL THE MARIO GAMES, Um Nintendogs, if u like dat sort of stuff, aaaand the Call OF Duties if u like dat too. You can put all of ur DS games onto ur R4 in a legal way by using this tuti made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4de1xbr0xro You have to have a WiFi Connection. Have fun with your new DS!