PDA

View Full Version : QuakeDS problems!

goron72
December 30th, 2008, 22:00
Hello, new guy here, I am having problems getting QuakeDS to work on my acekard2. I have tried the unpatched .nds, the acekard rpg patched, and the acekard+ patched and the unpatched works best (Auto DLDI patching ftw!). but it still gives me this error in the terminal.
Couldn't load gfx/palette.1mp
Any help would be appreciated! :thumbup:

crookedmouth
January 2nd, 2009, 14:24
Are you sure all the files are in the correct places?

You did create a folder named id1 right?

You put the .paks and config file in the id1 folder?

I think quake.nds needs to be in Root.

How to play

1. You need Quake's data files. If you own a copy, that's cool - you'll have full access to the game. If not, then you can download the shareware version of Quake (for DOS) from id's site. This will only allow you to play the levels from the first episode. If you want to play the full game, buy a copy - don't ask me (or others) where you can get these files.
You cannot use total conversions or mods with the shareware data files.
1. In the root of your flash card, make a directory named id1
2. If you're using the shareware version, copy pak0.pak from that archive into the id1 directory that you just created
3. If you're using a commerical version, copy pak0.pak AND pak1.pak into that directory
2. You need a config file to tell the game how buttons are set up, etc. I know that my config file works, so download that from the link above and save it into the id1 directory.
3. Visit Chishm's DLDI page (above) and download the DLDI driver file which corresponds to your NDS booting method.
4. Download the QuakeDS binary package above, and extract the NDS file into the root of your flash card
5. You now need to patch that program so that it will be able to access the files on your card
* For example, on my GBA Movie Player (CF) I download the file named 'mpcf.dldi' from Chishm's page.
* I then run 'dlditool mpcf.dldi k:\QuakeDS.nds' - note K: is the volume where my Compact Flash card is mounted, yours will likely differ
6. Now do what you've gotta do to make an NDS start on your card
* For example, on my GBA Movie Player, I need to rename K:\QuakeDS.nds to K:\_boot_mp.nds
7. Put the card in your booting hardware and turn on your DS!

shiznugget
January 11th, 2009, 20:38
Hmmmm, (i'm a new poster too. I've been reading around the forums for a while.) whenever I see someone in need of anything , I make a tutorial. I've done this with MinivmacDS, and i've shown how to put wifi on it.

I'll get on the whole tutorial for quakeDS sorted out. I also thought you might want me to let you know I'm using an EDGE card with 8gb micro sdhc.

crookedmouth
January 12th, 2009, 21:30
Hmmmm, (i'm a new poster too. I've been reading around the forums for a while.) whenever I see someone in need of anything , I make a tutorial. I've done this with MinivmacDS, and i've shown how to put wifi on it.

I'll get on the whole tutorial for quakeDS sorted out. I also thought you might want me to let you know I'm using an EDGE card with 8gb micro sdhc.

I made a MinivmacDS tutorial also! I agree that it can be confusing, but QuakeDS is very straight forward IMO. It's all on the website already. Of course, know yourself out. :)

Do you have a link to your MiniVmac tutorial?

Here's the one I made.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148122322&postcount=33