PDA

View Full Version : PSP-3000 questions

crimsonnight
December 31st, 2008, 03:21
OK, here's the situation - i have an orignal psp - been off he scene for about a year or so - i have a custom firmware and no problem at all running games. i've been thinking of upgrading to a psp-3000 recently (mostly for the TV-out function).
i've checked out the forums, and im not sure what the current situation is, if i buy one, is it relitively easily hackable... will i be able to return it to having basically the same functionality my current psp has in terms of running isos/homebrew etc?
if awnser's yes, then wheres the cheapest place to grab one in the uk (dont mind ordering online)
any information would be greatly apreciated - cheers

mike_jmg
December 31st, 2008, 08:00
State of the PSP-3000, currently remains unhackable so no, you will be stuck with Oficial Firmware.

If you want TV out and homebrew, get a PSP-2000 but even then, you might end up with an unhackable psp slim, as the newest mobo is the same version as the PSP 3000

Best chance IMO is to get a GOW or Daxter Bundle.

crimsonnight
December 31st, 2008, 11:53
oh k, thanks for the advice, just didn't wanna be outdated before i started - think the psp-3000 will be hacked sometime soon, or is it not lookin good?
god of war or daxter, kk, does anyone know a cheap place to grab one? thanks a lot for ur advice!