PDA

View Full Version : psp slim for phat?

kppgno
December 31st, 2008, 03:45
question?

I just bought a PSP slim....un-moddable...yes ive checked...I cant mod it...its a brand new psp

Would it be worth it to trade it for a phat? A friend of mine has a phat that is currentlly at 5.00 OFW.. I really wanted a PSP to play PSX and roms on it...I dont really care about the PSP games...

Would it be worth it? ...it works...and I know phats are moddable...

Does it really matter if its phat or slim?

phased3000
December 31st, 2008, 13:06
question?

I just bought a PSP slim....un-moddable...yes ive checked...I cant mod it...its a brand new psp

Would it be worth it to trade it for a phat? A friend of mine has a phat that is currentlly at 5.00 OFW.. I really wanted a PSP to play PSX and roms on it...I dont really care about the PSP games...

Would it be worth it? ...it works...and I know phats are moddable...

Does it really matter if its phat or slim?

I bought a PSP Slim(PSP2000) right at launch, and I felt the frustration of not being able to mod mine as well. I felt like I had made a bad purchase, but a month or so after playing the games that came with my PSP Dev teams began to learn how to hack the Slim, and soon mine was modded right along with Fat PSP's.

What I'm saying is, if you can hold off, PSP v3.0 won't be ignored forever. Eventually Dev teams will figure out how to get a Pandora type battery working on the thing, probably quicker than you'd think:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Could-it-be-TA-088v3-got-hacked-/pg/49/aid/127583

The motherboard in question is the new one in PSP3000's, right? They're on the right track...

kppgno
January 1st, 2009, 08:47
I heard this video was fake though...

Anyway... Yea, I decided to hold on to it for awhile... I got 3 people telling me that they want to trade.

I think it would be a stupid move on my part if I trade away a brand new PSP for an old PSP phat...

Anyway...I hope this is true... im looking forward to modding my PSP and playing PS1 games and roms :D