PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Freezes during intro video

TTownEP
December 31st, 2008, 03:57
Hey guys, I just sold my old fat PSP to a friend of mine and he can't get FFVII to work. I have logged many hours of FFVII on that unit, so I don't know what is going on. It freezes during the intro video, apparently during the scene where Aerith/Aeris is walking away from her flower cart. The music continues though, and you can hear the train stop and the little urgent driving music theme from when you are sneaking into the reactor.

He also loaded up one of my old game saves and said the graphics are all glitched up.

I gave him those EBOOTS on a DVD with some programs like PSX2PSP and some various apps and tools. Do you think maybe the data got corrupted during the burn process? He is digging for his FFVII discs as we speak to make his own, but has anyone else had this happen?

flast
December 31st, 2008, 07:02
what firmware is the psp running? And what version of pops is set for ffvii? I use to have the same problem with ffvii until i switched to pops 3.40, now i only get a graphical glitch when i enter battle. Which is annoying but it doesn't adversely affect the game play. I'm also still running cfw 3.71.

TTownEP
December 31st, 2008, 22:46
5.00 M33-3 is the firmware on there. I am running the same on my current slim unit though, the same exact EBOOT with no problems whatsoever. Not even a graphics hitch. With no Popsloader. In fact I have never used popsloader until about amonth ago, and I have been running PS1 EBOOTS for about 2 years now with no problems.

Tesseract
January 1st, 2009, 22:25
I had a similar problem recently, but during the FMV in Cosmo Canyon during Bugenhagen's Holographic presentation.

I tried removing and re-copying the EBOOT... No luck. I eventually just re-imaged my FFVII Disc 1 and re-compiled the EBOOT (Using PSX2PSP, I think). So far, I've had no additional issues.

For the record, I'm using 5.00 M33-4 and POPSLoader is set to run FFVII using 4.01 POPS. I'm also using CWCheat 2.2.2.