PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM autosave?

StryfeDc
December 31st, 2008, 04:01
Hi, I know I could have asked this elsewhere...

But I'm hoping that other DC owners have tried this before.

I don't happen to have a Dreamcast Development environment handy, and if I did..., I wouldn't know where to start.

So, does anyone know how to disable the auto-saves in the DC port of ScummVM? Or, at the very least change it from 5 minutes to something like 10 minutes between auto-saves?

I would like to know how to do this with ScummVM version 0.12.0, and if anyone could give step by step instructions how to recompile the source without auto-save, I would be in their debt.

Christuserloeser
January 9th, 2009, 08:54
Everyone hates the auto-save (I can't tell you how much I hate it) but no one ever got through to Marcus Comstedt to remove it.

StryfeDc
January 15th, 2009, 02:21
Thanks Chris, and your exactly right, "hate" is the correct word. It seems to be a question asked by quite a few people over at the Scumm forums, yet there still isn't a option to change the interval or turn it off.

Has this ever been sent to the request tracker? I must need to register somewhere, because it doesn't seem to let me send in a request.

After searching around the forums some more, I came across this: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=170&

look :
scummvm/scumm/scumm.cpp
L: 2355

code:
// Trigger autosave all 5 minutes.
if (!_saveLoadFlag && _system->getMillis() > _lastSaveTime + 5 * 60 * 1000) {

I'm assuming it's in reference to the source code? I don't have the option to install Linux, and I'm not sure I'd want to, for this one thing.

But, would anyone know if the above code is still vallid? It was at the ScummVM 0.80 stage in the post.