PDA

View Full Version : Trouble running PSX eboots!

Dudeguy
December 31st, 2008, 04:27
I'm on 5.00 M33-4 on a PSP 2000 model. I've never had a problem running PSX eboots before, but now I can't get a single to load. I have the popsloader prx(unless those are messed up).

Specifically I tried running Resident Evil 2(using the Japanese game ID) and it hangs right after the "This was formatted for PSP screen". As well as Pocket Fighter. Nothing is really working... help!

Tesseract
January 1st, 2009, 22:16
Have you tried holding down the Right Trigger while booting the PSX EBOOT and switching to 4.01 POPS?

I've had a few games that won't work on the 'Original from Flash' in 5.00, but they're fine once I shove it back to 4.01.

JLF65
January 3rd, 2009, 03:30
That's not it... None of my PSX EBOOTs work in 5.00 M33-4. NONE. They all worked fine until 5.00. All of mine use the older method that required the key file - I'm going to try making a conversion with the newer method that allowed you to not need the key file to see if maybe D_A just dropped support for the older method.

mikeytje
January 6th, 2009, 21:46
Try reinstalling Popsloader. I think your popsloader isn't set up correctly.

What happens when you try to start a psx game?

JLF65
January 7th, 2009, 00:45
Try reinstalling Popsloader. I think your popsloader isn't set up correctly.

What happens when you try to start a psx game?

I'm not using popsloader - I'm using the pops built into 5.00 M33. Every version of the fw comes with its own version of pops - usually updated to fix bugs in the old pops. Popsloader lets you use OLDER versions of the pops libs in the case that the new one doesn't work or has a new bug related to a particular PSX game.

All the PSX games I've run have up until now worked with every new version of pops. With 5.00, it gives the PSX boot png and then hangs. I suppose I could use popsloader to use an older version of pops which I know works, but I'd like to figure out why the latest pops fails on everything.