PDA

View Full Version : Google Video Help!!

titch.ryan
January 26th, 2006, 18:40
Recently i found out about google video having movies available fr download in psp format. yay i thought loads of cool movies and i dont have to convert them however i came into a problem when i downloaded a couple of videos of there saved them to my memorystick in the folder 100MNV01 and renamed them to M4Vxxxxx but when trying to play them on my psp it said unsupported data. I next tried to convert them using image converter and then tried pspvideo9 but neither worked. could some please help me? btw i have a japanese psp with firmware v2.6. feel free to delete this thread after i have an answer. thanks!

MGFox
January 26th, 2006, 18:56
They may be using the newer AVC codec, try saving them to MP_ROOT>100ANV01

Cheers,
Fox

Jdemon
January 26th, 2006, 23:27
MP_ROOT\100MNV01>the video and a thm file of the same name need to go in this folder (M4Vxxxxx.thm & M4Vxxxxx.mp4)

If google didn't provide you with a thm file you can just make one using a small jpeg and just rename it "M4Vxxxxx.thm" (make sure you are altering the file extension)

Hope that helps :D

MGFox
January 26th, 2006, 23:48
The THM file is not a necesity, none of my movies have them and they play fine, you just don't get a thumbnail!

As well as going in 100ANV01 , the newer avc videos must be named "MAQxxxxx.MP4" (with the x's being numbers)...sorry I left that bit out!

Cheers,
Fox

titch.ryan
January 28th, 2006, 18:24
thanks MGFox i'll try this now. i didnt realise they were in AVC format. i hope they will work now.

titch.ryan
January 28th, 2006, 18:33
thanks alot problem solved.

THE_SANE_DUDE
January 29th, 2006, 23:34
I've tried doing this:

i downloaded one of the videos (it was a .gvp file),
i saved it in MP_ROOT>100ANV01 as MAQ12345.mp4

and i went to video from the main menu on my psp and it said unsupported data,
can anyone help me

MGFox
January 30th, 2006, 15:33
Thats because you are only downloading the Google Video Pointer, you need to download the PSP compatible MP4 file!

There is a little Drop-Down box next to the Download button, change the Drop-Down to say "Sony PSP" and then click Download button.

Cheers,
Fox

Freakshow!
January 30th, 2006, 19:29
I have a question, what do the numbers actually mean. If I had an MP4 film that was named, holiday_film.mp4, and then renamed it myself to MAQ12345.MP4 would it work? Why does it need a funny number to be used?

MGFox
January 31st, 2006, 00:08
Yes, that filename should work if it is an AVC MP4...however, most people start with 00001, 00002 etc!?!

...and I have no idea why Sony chose to use that naming convention!

Cheers,
Fox

kyvil
March 13th, 2006, 16:34
first post

i recently have found out that google video allows downloads of psp videos (i know i am late to the party)

but i have had problems viewing the google videos. videos i personally convert using psp video 9 do work, but nothing i download and rename works.

i have tried everything in this thread and i have also tried what is on the google help page (http://video.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=32187&topic=1484) that i will cut and paste here:

4# Rename the file to MAQ*****.MP4 (where the *'s are digits from 0-9).
5# Copy/Move the file to the \MP_ROOT\101ANV01 folder on your PSP memory stick.

the videos never show up in the video list, not even as corrupted/unsupported data.

i have an American "release-day" PSP running 1.5 firmware. am i screwed? do i have to upgrade my firmware in order to watch the google videos?