PDA

View Full Version : Help, my micro SD is "locked" !

Turrican
January 1st, 2009, 01:31
Hello,

I have a 2GB Micro SD card by Sandisk, that I bought along with my R4. (the R4 is an authentic one).

At some point, my macbookpro warned me that the device had been removed unsafely, but I hadn't even touch the card.

I removed it, reinserted it into my Sitecom MD-014 Card Reader, but no icon appeared on the desktop.

I tried to use the little USB-Micro SD adapted that comes with the R4, with the same results: the red led on the adapter blinks, but the card doesn't appear.

I also tried both on another Mac - same results.

I then remembered the SD bridge adapter that came with the Sandisk card. This has a physical lock button, unlike the others. With Lock off, the card doesn't show. With lock set to ON, the card finally appears, but of course read-only.

The card still works as usual with my R4 but now I can't write on it anymore... What can I do?? :confused: :(

jangwl
January 1st, 2009, 02:31
If the card is locked, you can read but not write to it. It should work if u use a usb adaptor to read your micro sd on a mac.

I plug my micro sd into a usb adaptor and it will appear on my MAC and Window XP.

-Xandu-
January 1st, 2009, 14:39
Try it on a PC if you could. Then format it if you still can't read it on a Mac.

Turrican
January 1st, 2009, 15:10
Yeah, that what I thought at first - maybe I'll be able to format it via PC. Haven't still tried. How is that there isn't an equivalent operation to attempt from a Mac?

Turrican
January 2nd, 2009, 10:19
OK, with a bit of lateral thinking I solved this - for anyone who might be stuck in my same problem, I copied all the files on the mac, then formatted the micro sd with my digital camera. :)