PDA

View Full Version : Slot-2 Dummy needs help

boreddudeyb
January 3rd, 2009, 17:40
I've had my R4DS for a while now and i've decided i'd like to get a similar cart, but for slot-2.

I've hear of Supercard, M3, etc. But I don't know which I personally need or where to get it.

I am using the ORIGINAL DS, NOT DS Lite. I don't really want to have to buy another SLot-1 device aswell, but if i absolutely must, i probably will.

I live in the UK, which narrows down the websites I cna buy from aswell.

ALso, another quetsion. FOr games such as pokemon, or advance wars etc. You get added features for having the game in slot 2 aswell as slot 1. Will this work with 2 flashcarts?

Thanks for your time and help.

NGrapeD
January 11th, 2009, 14:42
Its complicated as a slot 2 device cannot run by it self, it need a slot 1 device that lets it run the slot 2. My EDGE card has support for running the slot 2 device but when you do that you wouldn't be able to run both Pokemon games as of yet.

DanTheManMS
January 12th, 2009, 02:12
Best choice for you would be the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack, Phat-sized version (most places only carry the Lite-sized unfortunately). It holds 1 game at a time, but you can have as many *.gba files on your slot-1 microSD card as you like. Use the GBA ExpLoader software to manage the 3in1 from your R4.

With this combo, you can do the linkup with games like Pokemon. It will require a bit of extra work, and will probably involve patching of some sort, but it's possible.