PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading from 5.02 (Help!)

Mustakrakish
January 3rd, 2009, 22:44
Basically as the title states.
All I want to do is make my PSP screen ported to my PC monitor. Mainly cause I think Monster Hunter Freedom would be kick ass on a 17" screen!:thumbup:
So I have read MANY tutorials and thing like that to figure how to downgrade. But every damned tutorial either makes no ****ing sense (Pardon my french) or is just totally different from what another tutuorial says. But ive read one here that says I need to downgrade to Custom Firmware of "3.10 CE" or somthing alike.
Halp? +_+

Buddy4point0
January 4th, 2009, 00:52
Alright, I can help you.
I've downgraded a ton of PSP's but I need to know some information before I can start.

What type of PSP do you have? 1000 (fat), 2000 (slim and light), or 3000 (bright)
What version firmware do you have?

And I hate to break it to you, but I've tried playing Monster Hunter Freedom and Monster Hunter Freedom 2 on my Computer monitor... It looks terrible.

slimdude
January 5th, 2009, 21:41
hey i need some help on my psp too... version 5.00 and i just found out bout all them homebrews!!!

sbcsboss
January 6th, 2009, 05:52
Hello Buddy, hope you can help. My son came to me to solve his psp delima. He has psp with version 5.02 on it. He want to play free game on the web but as soon as we down load them to the psp/game/ and try to run them it says game is corrupted.

It looks like these game require firm ware 3.0 or older. Is there a specific web site you can direct me to run games for the 5.02 version? do I need to downgrade?

coolsoul
January 6th, 2009, 06:31
well who ever user got the fw(firm ware) of there psp above offical sony fw3.50 need to buy pandora battery + magic stick :) to make there psp custom so here is the link to just buy n do it ur self with instruction
http://www.ioffer.com/i/PANDORA-BATTERY-2-gig-MAGIC-STICK-for-CFW-4-01M33-3--56430061
or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001KY0RA8/ref=dp_olp_2/278-0838254-8868315

Buddy4point0
January 7th, 2009, 01:18
As stated above, you will need a pandora battery and magic memory stick.
I suggest that you buy the Datel tool battery (http://www.bizrate.com/playstationaccessories/products__keyword--datel+tool+battery.html)

The Datel tool is a premade pandora battery.
The next thing that you will need to do, after you've got your battery, is to create a magic memory stick.
There are many guides to figure this out, just use google and find the one that you like best to follow.

After you've got them both ready, simply insert them into your psp and follow the on screen menus, this should be covered in the Magic Memory stick guides as well.

Good Luck to you!

gamedude17
January 17th, 2009, 21:55
hey i also need help too. its very confusing for me about downgrading plz help thanks

animekid4
January 17th, 2009, 22:20
hey i need some help on my psp too... version 5.00 and i just found out bout all them homebrews!!!

lol.

Anyone who needs help downgrading needs to put
1. Firmware(go to setting => system => system information => and it is to the right of system software)
2. As far as I know...any slim or phat psp can be dealt with pandora.....and the highest firmware I recall being able to
downgrade for FREE on is 2.71 and that was on my 1000 fat. As for the pspLITEBRITEZ iunno.....

mikeytje
January 24th, 2009, 19:38
hey i also need help too. its very confusing for me about downgrading plz help thanks

1. Get / buy / create a Pandora battery

2. Create a Magic Memory Stick

3. "Pandorize" your OFW psp to a CFW psp

graypsp102
January 27th, 2009, 16:13
i have no clue as to wat i am doing wen it comes to modifing and hacking the psp i hav a psp slim 3000 and wish to use it as to its full potential or atleast hav it perform a little bit better for example increase the speed, please help does anyone hav a suggestion?

Buddy4point0
January 27th, 2009, 19:29
You can't.
So far the PSP 3000 is unhackable.

vwilli9
April 1st, 2009, 15:04
my buddy has a phat psp 5.02 ofw and when i put the pandora battery in it to put 5.00m33-4 on it goes to the recovery menu and not the install menu. does anybody have any ideas?

bsdr4
April 12th, 2009, 18:16
same here only i have a slim on 5.03 (bought it with 4.01) i tried holding down left trigger , left on d-pad i dont know whats up :confused:

top spin
April 17th, 2009, 09:53
Grey the psp 3000 isnt hackable but maybe in the near future and also please dont post off topic make a new thread.

top spin
April 17th, 2009, 09:55
my buddy has a phat psp 5.02 ofw and when i put the pandora battery in it to put 5.00m33-4 on it goes to the recovery menu and not the install menu. does anybody have any ideas?
are you holding r dont this boots it into recovery menu

kingluke23
April 17th, 2009, 09:59
Hi guys,
All i want to do is download the isos, bang them onto my memory stick and play them. Can anyone offer to do this for me as ive tried several times and still cant do it (must be thick).
I have a 1001 psp (phat)
Firmware is 5.03 i think updated it about a month ago via wireless download.
Obviously i'll sort out whoever does with a little cash incentive. Mail me on [email protected] or reply to this post. Please help i'm sick of paying for shitty games that i cant take back because ive opened the wrapper.
There should be a try before you buy option.

kingluke23
April 17th, 2009, 10:02
whats the latest firmware thats downgradable? I think i may need someone to do it for me as ive been left behind in the whole hacking the psp think. Cheers