PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wii games from Mexico, get them to work in USA?

ignorantgirl
January 4th, 2009, 01:15
My sister came back from Mexico today and gave me three Wii games that she bought from there. (To be honest, I think these are copies).

Anyway, my Wii doesn't recognize the discs (no surprise there). So I'm wondering whether the discs are just fake, or if they are region coded for Mexico. (I'm in the USA).

If these are region coded, what is the best hack to make my Wii region code free?

During googling, I saw there's a Homebrew Channel. Unfortunately my Wii only wants to give me the weather and the news, so I wouldn't be able to get the Homebrew Channel. But would love to know how to get it if I could!

I saw then something about a Freeloader disc. Where could I get that?

And I saw also something about a chain loader. What is that?

As you see, just like my name, I'm pretty ignorant about all this stuff. Any kind soul want to help me out?

VampDude
January 9th, 2009, 12:09
They are probably copied games, because a good majority of the games in Central and South America are copies. I know because I lived in Central America 7 years ago until 2004, and just about everything is copied (CD's, DVD's and games).

For the Homebrew Channel, you will need Twilight Princess and the Twilight Hack gamesave data which there are tutorials available.

I wouldn't recommend trying to play the games if they are copies, because the chances are that they will burn out the Wii's disc laser quicker than an official Nintendo Wii game disc (something to do with the way the disc spins) and to replace the laser costs more than the console itself.