PDA

View Full Version : Is the SNES Emu through GTA any good?

Plowking
January 27th, 2006, 10:35
Hi,

Forum viewer for a long time, only just registered due to this interesting release.

Never tried homebrew before, was never tempted. PSP version 2.0.

Now I'm tempted, but I must know one thing, how good is the SNE emu through GTA?

What percentage of speed does it allow at 222 clock speed?

Is there full sound?

I'll have to keep an eye on the games list too to see if there's a good selection of supported games.

Any information from users will be useful to help push hesitant people like myself over the edge into the world of homebrew.

Cheers,
Plowking

.:PSP1.0:.
January 27th, 2006, 10:50
The SNES emulator which is currently working on the GTA eloader is one of the first ones to come out on the 1.0 and 1.5 PSP so it's not the best version compared to what is avaliable now by yoyo but IMO it's decent enough and plays the roms fine.. But you know what? It's a start and a VERY GOOD start at that! To me Fanjita is a legend! And i hope he keeps working on what he does best.. THUMBS UP.. ;)

super_tunka
January 27th, 2006, 11:12
I am currently playing chrono cross on the snes emu with frame skip set at 5 and 333mhz and it runs flawlessly

vincesecuricor2005
January 27th, 2006, 15:44
Plowking if you are on 2.0 you dont need the gta exploit (yet!), Just get eboot loader 9!!!

morg13
January 28th, 2006, 18:00
well full sound, and no, not at 222
but they are working on it

Plowking
February 1st, 2006, 11:51
Having resisted homebrew for over 5 months (since I got the PSP) - I must say I'm ASTOUNDED by the incredible work of Fanjita!

My original question was answered...YES the SNES emulator is fantastic.

And also thanks to vincesecuricor2005 for seeing that as I'm V 2.0 I didn't need the GTA version.

:D

morg13
February 1st, 2006, 18:41
well its not perfect^^
the problems i know:
u have to use frameskip
auto frame skip does´t work
speed change in different levels (rpg, if u chang the room speed change)

soud is great, control grate, but it have to get faster

Plowking
February 2nd, 2006, 09:36
I agree, and I also find that the PSP's joypad controls are lousy when trying to move diagonally (well mine are...and that's nothing to do with the emulator of course)

But it's great for games that don't need speed - like Front Mission (turn based mech robot strategy). It was only released in Japan but there's an English version of it, expertly translated.

DirtyDan92
May 27th, 2006, 06:08
HELLO!!! Plowking! Just downgrade your psp to 1.5 then you dont have to use any loaders. It will make your emulator run at full speed with sound easily, because its not running through a loader, its straight off of the memory stick. Also, you can still play updated psp umds. They have umd loaders which will allow you to load the umd on a 1.5 by making it think you're running 2.0. Also, if you like the internet browser, you have a few options. One, download a homebrew browser, or two, download the firmware launcher which lets you load an updated firmware such as 2.5, allowing you to use its browser and updated features, then goes back to 1.5 when you restart. What people don't seem to understand is that with firmware version 1.5, you can do ANYTHING!!! Most of what Sony adds to their updates has long since been around on homebrew. Sadly I am currently running 2.01 on my psp (came like that when I bought it) but I am getting my second psp next week (its version 2.0) and I'm going to downgrade it to 1.5 and use the amazingness that is homebrew. Good luck, and if you have any questions, I know how all of the above mentioned stuff works b/c although I can't run it on my psp, I have used it and read about it online and on my friend's psp. So email me at [email protected] if there is anything at all you need to know including how to downgrading. I downgraded my friends psp for him from firmware 2.0 to 1.5 and he loves it. And I promise it won't brick your psp if you follow da instructions. Talk to ya later people!

MarcusOF
June 3rd, 2006, 10:11
I have 2.0 firmware and use snes9xTYL 0.4.2 with eloader 0.9.7 nocache en emenu final. works like a charm. I do use the GTA exploit, somehow that runs the emulator and eloader more stable on my psp.

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 21:06
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6612/lastyear9ho.jpg

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 21:09
c'mon the thread is 5 months old........