PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading firmware?

andy586
January 27th, 2006, 13:44
Hi new to all this so forgive if this is a lame question, but in time could it be possible to use the gta "fix" to load a downgrade util and knock back the firmware from 2.01 or 2.5 to 1.5 2.0 etc?

cheers.

MGFox
January 27th, 2006, 15:07
It will be possible, and I have no doubt that someone will eventually make one, but if Fanjita uses this GTA Expoit to get homebrew running on 2.00+, why bother downgrading?

Cheers,
Fox

andy586
January 27th, 2006, 15:13
a good point, just wondered if it was possible ;-)

a.

vincesecuricor2005
January 27th, 2006, 15:38
i still prefer bein at 2.0 as i get to play all my emu's etc... but i also get to play all the latest retail games!, the only real reason for goin to 1.5 is for the naughty stuff but i can live without that! (especially while im playin PoPoLocrois!)

Fanjita
January 27th, 2006, 15:42
There will be no downgrader from the GTA exploit. As mentioned countless times all over the place, it is not possible using that exploit.

coolandthegang
January 27th, 2006, 15:48
any hope somedays to have one? for V2.5

MGFox
January 27th, 2006, 16:09
There will be no downgrader from the GTA exploit. As mentioned countless times all over the place, it is not possible using that exploit.

I take that back then, sorry, I had been informed otherwise...but I still stand by my original argument!

Cheers,
Fox

wakaru
January 27th, 2006, 18:32
It will be possible, and I have no doubt that someone will eventually make one, but if Fanjita uses this GTA Expoit to get homebrew running on 2.00+, why bother downgrading?

Cheers,
Fox

MGFox, for the simple reason of not having to depend on a game just to lauch the eLoader... which means that you would not have to spend 40 quid on a game for which there is a small chance you will not like at all (e.g. myself or many others).

Just think about it... Imagine you have a v2.01. Given the chance to be allowed to choose between v2.00 or v2.01, would not you rather choose v2.00? Because I would.

(Let me remind you that the only difference between both versions is the exploit fixed.)

Anyway, today is a celebration day becouse of Fanjita´s Great Achievement! ;-)

MGFox
January 28th, 2006, 00:39
MGFox, for the simple reason of not having to depend on a game just to lauch the eLoader... which means that you would not have to spend 40 quid on a game for which there is a small chance you will not like at all (e.g. myself or many others).

My comment was based on the fact that would have GTA anyway, in order to initiate a downgrade! You'll probably respond with something about borrowing or renting it, so, sorry, I hadn't thought about that!

Given the chance to be allowed to choose between v2.00 or v2.01, would not you rather choose v2.00? Because I would.

Flawed Argument...Homebrew still doesn't work properly on 2.01 or over, so its a no-brainer...If, however, homebrew was compatible to a higher standard (like the 2.00 loader) then I would have no problems upgrading!

(Let me remind you that the only difference between both versions is the exploit fixed.)

Surely, the fact that I'm a forum discussing a new found ability to launch homebrew on firmwares 2.01 and over, is a pretty big hint that I'm aware of this fact...If that's an attempt to talk down to me, please don't as I've done nothing uncivil to encourage such behaviour!

Cheers,
Fox

mog
January 28th, 2006, 02:08
why do people say wanting to be on 1.0 and 1.5 is only for doing naughty stuff? im sure there are other good reasons for wanting to have 1.x; there maybe things that will only ever be possible to make using 1.0's unsigned code execution ability with kernel access. :cool:

im not going to do any fw updates anyway... my psp has turned itself off with mains and battery plugged in a few times before and if that happens while im updating, then ive lost my psp and i cant send it back to japan :rolleyes:

Kaiser
January 28th, 2006, 02:51
I stickied up a new rule on at the top of these forums so hopefully this will be the first and last of these questions.