PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x & homebrew games on V2.50

Leemans
January 27th, 2006, 13:44
Hi i got a psp V2.50 and it is now possible to put the snes9x emulator and some homebrew games on it :) . But i tried it and it wont work :mad: the E-loader for GTA is on my psp and if i load it with GTA it starts , thats good . But i cant open the snes9x emu. or any game the display turns black and my psp shuts down . So can anyone help me so i can get the snes9x emu. & games working ? ( where do i have to put the files on my psp and where can i download games for the snes9x emu. ?)

Grtz. Leemans

MGFox
January 27th, 2006, 15:03
The Snes emulator must be installed as if it is on Firmware 1.00, I'll do quick install guide:-

1) Grab the the uo_Snes9x_002y32.zip file from HERE (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml)
2) Make a folder on your MemoryStick at ms:\PSP\GAME\SNES9X
3) Copy the Eboot.pbp from the downloaded Zip file into the SNES9X folder

You can download SNES Roms HERE (http://www.pdroms.de/index.php), the roms can be placed anywhere on the Memory Stick, but the recommended place is ms:\PSP\GAME\SNES9X\ROMS

I've not personally tested the GTA Eboot Loader, but this should work fine!

Cheers,
Fox

super_tunka
January 28th, 2006, 01:07
Hi i had the same problem,

Try formatting your memory at starting afresh with only the snes emu and loader,

Works like a charm now cant get enough of that final fantasy

super_tunka
January 28th, 2006, 01:07
Hi i had the same problem,

Try formatting your memory stick with the psp and starting afresh with only the snes emu and loader,

Edit: sorry guys im having trouble with my connection

mog
January 28th, 2006, 02:29

:confused: ...doesnt final fantasy run like really really slow on psp snes emulators?
ive tried all the emulators and they all run too slow to actually play the game. :(
im trying to learn how emulators are made and looking at snes emu source codes, dont think im gonna get very far tho...
if i ever figure anything out, i will try to make an emu designed to play only ff4,5 & 6 to try and make it run at a better speed... not likely to happen tho :rolleyes:

super_tunka
January 28th, 2006, 07:08
I just Have the clock at 333 and frame skip around 5 and iy dosnet seem to slow for me

Leemans
January 28th, 2006, 11:17
Tried it but the games just wont start :( .Howe come ? ? ?

And i also tried it by formatting my MS and put only the e-loader & snes emu. on my PSP and gues what ? It wont work either . :(

Can anyone explane me in a few simple steps how i need to get it working , i tried it a few times but i'm just 2 stupid to pull it off :rolleyes: :D

Leemans
January 28th, 2006, 13:06
At last ! I got it 2 work

gotmilk0112
January 28th, 2006, 15:03
At last ! I got it 2 work
tell me how u did it plzzzzzz :( i have same problem except i can only run PUYO PUYO and HELLO WORLD eboots.

how did u make it work???

morg13
January 28th, 2006, 18:08
ehm, plz post
i dont understand, the gta loader isnīt relased jet

gotmilk0112
January 28th, 2006, 21:08
IT IS REALEASED WHY WOULD WE BE TALKING ABOUT US HAVING ERRORS WITH IT IF IT WASNT RELEASED. :mad: :p

havent you heard of the new invention its called the SEARCH BUTTON

yaustar
January 28th, 2006, 22:13
I just Have the clock at 333 and frame skip around 5 and iy dosnet seem to slow for me
Frame skip 5?! Ouch, that's like watching a slideshow.

Moning2
January 29th, 2006, 00:31
Tried it but the games just wont start :( .Howe come ? ? ?

And i also tried it by formatting my MS and put only the e-loader & snes emu. on my PSP and gues what ? It wont work either . :(

Can anyone explane me in a few simple steps how i need to get it working , i tried it a few times but i'm just 2 stupid to pull it off :rolleyes: :D

download and place the files for the eloader into the appropriate folders (read the readme of the eloader)
cut and paste another (normal) gta savegame onto your pc and then copy and paste it back to the F:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ folder
download uo_snes9x version 0.02y32 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml)
copy the uo_Snes9x_002y32 folder which contains the eboot.pbp and some other files into F:/PSP/GAME/ (your psp memory stick, the drive letter may be different)
copy a rom into F:/PSP/GAME/uo_Snes9x_002y32/ (the folder where you placed the emulator)
start gta, it will (should :) ) load the normal savegame
go to the menu, load the eloader savegame
when the eloader menu is loaded choose the emulator
when in the emulator menu select the rom and press O

play :cool:

gotmilk0112
February 2nd, 2006, 00:45
for some reason i get the same thing as he did: it workd a few times but now it just goes black n shuts down. the first time it stopped working i just replaced all the files and it worked but now it doesnt....ARGHHHH

jereminion
February 2nd, 2006, 23:03
so... we dont use KXploit tool at all?

jereminion
February 2nd, 2006, 23:09
for some reason i get the same thing as he did: it workd a few times but now it just goes black n shuts down. the first time it stopped working i just replaced all the files and it worked but now it doesnt....ARGHHHH

btw that happens to me too and i followed the steps, it goes to the menu, then i can select the snes emulator...then its loading for like 2 seconds then just goes to black screen, then like 8 seconds later it shuts down :confused:

archronos
February 4th, 2006, 04:22
omg me too.
even if i'm lucky it goes to the menu but wen i select snes it freezes and goes black