PDA

View Full Version : Updating from CFW 3.71 m33-4 to which one?

MamoruNoHakkyou
January 5th, 2009, 17:39
So, I registered and all this fun stuff because I was trying to play a PSX game on my PSP (slim) and got nearly 20 hours into it when it froze. I read (someone else's topic about similar game freezing issues) somewhere that it may be because I am using an old version of POPS and should probably update my PSP. I also keep seeing a bunch of people talking about m33 4.xx (xx = I dont know) as opposed to 5.00.

What I want to know is this... should I update to the latest version, 5.00 m33-4? I downloaded the updates. Didn't install yet. Some 4.xx m33 version? something altogether different? This game is great but the game freezing up every time a battle is loading when I walk into a certain room in a certain cave is rather annoying. If this doesn't fix my PSX game issues, can PSX eboot save files get converted to ePSXe save files (not sure if I'm wording that correctly)?

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me.

Buddy4point0
January 5th, 2009, 21:25
You need to go to 5.00 m33 and then 5.00 m33-4.

Then you'll need to download popstation and get the pops files from all the firmwares that you'll want.
Popstation allows you to load the pops from previous firmwares, thus making your game run the best it can.

Look online for lists of which games work best on what firmwares.

mikeytje
January 5th, 2009, 22:49
You can use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.50 to go straight to 5.00M33-4.

As easy as the touch of a button!

Then you need the 5.00 Popsloader. There's a How To in my signature.

MamoruNoHakkyou
January 6th, 2009, 04:15
Thank you... very dumb question, it has been a LONG while, but it how do i install this update now? I'm following the readme from the 5.00 m33-4

5.00 M33-4
----------

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

SO... I updated and the new version of POPS has helped. I am now beyond that part of the game I was stuck in (Tales of Phantasia - Undine's Cave) and i have yet to see any more situations arise for now. Thanks again for all the help given ^up there^.