PDA

View Full Version : Help with upgrading my CFW to 3.52 M33

killerqueen
January 6th, 2009, 18:20
Hello, New member here, with experience of hacking consoles.

Ive had a spot of trouble, I've always wanted CFW on what was my pink psp, now as a boy i didnt really like pink, but i got it for $25 so that was ok, but i wanted black, so i took it to the games shop to trade it for a black one, and whilst looking throught them i came across one with 3.10 OE-A, and as anyone else would have, bought it. After a few weeks of playing all my favourite PS1 games on my psp (a dream come true!!) i aqquired the UMD game Tomb Raider Anniversary, so i stuck it in my PSP, and get the error message "The Game Could Not Be Started (80020148) which left me disgruntled. I guessed this was down to having 3.10, as TRA requires 3.51. So i set out to get 3.52 M33 CFW, so i got all the components set it up, it read the 3.52 M33 Creator, but then after the PSP logo, i got a black screen, for ten seconds the it shut off, and to get it to turn back on without this annoying black screen i had to take the battery out. I get the exact same problem when trying to install 3.51 M33. ive done them both many times, following many guides, and have had no luck, and i have searched for people who have been in my situation, with no, luck. i am setting it up like this

/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR

and within M33CREATOR, the three files:

150.PBP
352.PBP
and EBOOT.PBP

I have checked many times and cannot see what i am doing wrong. I have downloaded the .PBP from many different locations and i cant get it to work.

when i tried 3.71 M33 it would give me the small white writing but said i needed 3.52 M33 or higher...

any help would be much appreciated as have been at this for a long time.

thanks in advance - Connell

Buddy4point0
January 7th, 2009, 00:06
If I were you I would try going back to 1.50 and then updating to your desired firmware from there.
Your firmware could be corrupted or something and this would fix any issues.

I suggest going 1.50 > 3.52 m33 > 3.52 m33-4 > 5.00 m33 > 5.00 m33-4

killerqueen
January 7th, 2009, 16:42
Thank you very much for the help, just wondering how you get back to 1.50, i take it there is an eboot or something?, ill search this forum for a thread.

again, thankyou very much - Connell

Buddy4point0
January 7th, 2009, 20:28
You should just be able to run the 1.5 update eboot from recovery mode.
If that doesn't work, then you can use Hell cat's recovery flasher (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Recovery-Flasher-v1-50-gets-CFW-5-00-M33-4-support-Advanced-Mode/pg/49/aid/127346) and follow the instructions to get to 1.50

I've also assembled a pack (http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6839&hilit=+refresh) that includes all of the update files you'll need to get where you're going.

killerqueen
January 8th, 2009, 17:03
wow, thanks so much for all the help! glad theres people out there who know what there doing XD

Edit Edit: got it back to 1.50, could you provide some help on what to do now? All my files come up as corrupt, im looking very grim, my music and video wont work either... many thanks

Thanks again - Connell

Buddy4point0
January 8th, 2009, 20:37
Yea, use my pack that I posted in the last post to update yourself up to 5.00 m33-4

killerqueen
January 9th, 2009, 17:01
Yea, use my pack that I posted in the last post to update yourself up to 5.00 m33-4

I tried that, but everything i put on my stick comes up as corrupted file, and being the genious i am, i formatted it thismorning :rofl: :(

I'll try it again

Edit - All working now, although the loss of all my saved data... but now operating on 3.52 M33 And soon 5.00 M33!

You've been great help - Connell